British Airways to Varna 2010

For advice, tips and information on new travel routes/prices to Bulgaria or needing internal travel advice? This is the right Forum!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
funlovin5050
<b>Property Sales</B>

British Airways to Varna 2010

Postby funlovin5050 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:21 am

UK airlines British Airways will renew its flights to and from Bulgaria's sea capital Varna as of April 1, representatives of the company announced on Wednesday.

The price of the one-way ticket on a flight from Varna to the airport Gatwick has been set at EUR 35 and EUR 70 for a return ticket, airport fees excluded.

The company said it is testing special ticket prices for flights from Sofia and Varna to the United States and Canada, varying from EUR 281 to 291.

The tickets for Varna – London destination will be on sale from March 28, but only those passengers who travel from April 1 to May 31 can avail themselves of the cheaper prices.

British Airways have also announced a new price of EUR 99, airport fees included, for a one-way ticket from the Bulgarian capital Sofia to Gatwick. There is only one condition - passengers will have to book their flight online.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
mathew

Postby mathew » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:42 am

Hello Funlovin5050

Have checked B.A rates,but a one way flight from Varna to London-Gtawick is priced at 156 Euro??? 8O

Regards
Mathew

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
parkersd
Super User!
Super User!

Postby parkersd » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:51 am

Mathew,think you'll find the tickets dont go on sale till end of March...if you read the whole post lol :roll:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Candyfrank

Postby Candyfrank » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:11 pm

parkersd wrote:Mathew,think you'll find the tickets dont go on sale till end of March...if you read the whole post lol :roll:

Hi I just done a quick search BA flying from 20th April on Tuesday and Thursday = 75euro one way. on and about those dates Wizz Air 234.98lv and Bulg. Air 73euro... however prices can change

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
shebry
Super User!
Super User!

Re: British Airways to Varna 2010

Postby shebry » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:12 pm

funlovin5050 wrote:UK airlines British Airways will renew its flights to and from Bulgaria's sea capital Varna as of April 1, representatives of the company announced on Wednesday.

The price of the one-way ticket on a flight from Varna to the airport Gatwick has been set at EUR 35 and EUR 70 for a return ticket, airport fees excluded.

The company said it is testing special ticket prices for flights from Sofia and Varna to the United States and Canada, varying from EUR 281 to 291.

The tickets for Varna – London destination will be on sale from March 28, but only those passengers who travel from April 1 to May 31 can avail themselves of the cheaper prices.

British Airways have also announced a new price of EUR 99, airport fees included, for a one-way ticket from the Bulgarian capital Sofia to Gatwick. There is only one condition - passengers will have to book their flight online.

That is if they are still in business, they could be cutting off their nose to spite their face :?: :?: :?:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
chrisarvor
<b> Pool Supplier/Installer </b>

ba

Postby chrisarvor » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:53 pm

i have just looked at flights on 6th april and return 13th form Varna to lgw
188 euro?????

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Candyfrank

Re: ba

Postby Candyfrank » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:08 pm

chrisarvor wrote:i have just looked at flights on 6th april and return 13th form Varna to lgw
188 euro?????

you find cheaper BA flights from about 20th April onwards

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
B52
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby B52 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:23 pm

Funlovin5050 said…
UK airlines British Airways will renew its flights to and from Bulgaria's sea capital Varna as of April 1, representatives of the company announced on Wednesday.

That is strange because I am flying back from Gatwick with them on 30th March.

It is the last day of the strike but, so far, touch wood, it is still flying.

I am paying just under their (that quoted) return ticket price, for a one-way trip (I fly from Varna with WizzAir in a few days for about the same price), but the price for April 1st is currently at about ten times that price.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Candyfrank

Postby Candyfrank » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:34 pm

B52 wrote:Funlovin5050 said…

That is strange because I am flying back from Gatwick with them on 30th March.

It is the last day of the strike but, so far, touch wood, it is still flying.

I am paying just under their (that quoted) return ticket price, for a one-way trip (I fly from Varna with WizzAir in a few days for about the same price), but the price for April 1st is currently at about ten times that price.

All airlines charge higher rates over holidays... 2nd April is Easter.... as said prices are cheaper from about 20th April

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
thorney

Postby thorney » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:27 pm

I wouldn't risk paying any money to BA at the moment. They regularly changed/cancelled flights to Varna last year and for April this year and that was without any dispute.

Return to “Getting to & travelling in Bulgaria”