Balchik airport

For advice, tips and information on new travel routes/prices to Bulgaria or needing internal travel advice? This is the right Forum!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
MarkMc
<b>Language Tutor</b>

Balchik airport

Postby MarkMc » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:17 pm

According to novinite.com, the Bulgarian government will invest 30 Million making Balchik airport ready for flights by next Spring. I had to check if it was April fools day at first! Here's the link http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=130052

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
battert28

Postby battert28 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:10 pm

I have seen this also in a number of additional news posts. Guess it would be a good thing and might result in cheaper flights, unless you live under the flight path then maybe not so good.
Does anyone who lives in or near Balchik have any views on this, maybe its just another F1 track at Kavarna or Golf course at Albena/Kranevo :?:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
scanniaman
Penny Pincher

Postby scanniaman » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:33 pm

don't have any views matey.......not till I'm up there overlooking our place and landing 20 mins away... :D :D :D
scanniaman.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
scanniaman
Penny Pincher

Postby scanniaman » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:38 pm

Owain wrote:
What's the point of wasting millions of Leva on this and other airports, including Gorna Oryahovitsa Airport . None of these airports will be financially viable so is it just Job's & money for his "Colleagues" ?

what's the point !!! ???...........you serious ? the whole of that area will benefit enormously from it, Albena, Balchis, Golden Sands, Kavarna will all be able to offer a local airport which will increase numbers drastically...this area is crying out for an airport !
scanniaman.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
owain
<b>Property Sales</B>

Postby owain » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:40 am

scanniaman wrote:what's the point !!! ???...........you serious ? the whole of that area will benefit enormously from it, Albena, Balchis, Golden Sands, Kavarna will all be able to offer a local airport which will increase numbers drastically...this area is crying out for an airport !
scanniaman.

Golden Sands is 23 km from Varna Airport(so closer than Balchik), Albena is 35 kms & Balchik is 50 Kms.
It seems typically Bulgarian, one business does well...open exactly the same business next door....both businesses go bankrupt due to lack of business.

This isn't Spain and not even they open 2 airports so close together, because it isn't financially viable to do so.
The North East has the shortest summer in the Country and is quite a bleak and cold area in the Winter months, what's the airport going to do for the rest of the year?
It's not as if Varna is at full capacity so I can't think why it will "drastically" increase numbers
:lol: :lol:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
brianj42
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby brianj42 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:15 am

Poor Mr B. His hearts in the right place even if his brain isn't. :lol:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
scanniaman
Penny Pincher

Postby scanniaman » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:25 am

Golden Sands is 23 km from Varna Airport(so closer than Balchik), Albena is 35 kms & Balchik is 50 Kms.
It seems typically Bulgarian, one business does well...open exactly the same business next door....both businesses go bankrupt due to lack of business.

This isn't Spain and not even they open 2 airports so close together, because it isn't financially viable to do so.
The North East has the shortest summer in the Country and is quite a bleak and cold area in the Winter months, what's the airport going to do for the rest of the year?
It's not as if Varna is at full capacity so I can't think why it will "drastically" increase numbers

So if you were going to holiday in any of the above resorts you are saying that you wouldn't consider Balchic airport as an alternative ? I'm sure everyone who has taken a holiday in Albena, Balchic and more northern areas would have loved the option to fly into Balchic with just a few minutes transfer time. It will increase the number of people in jobs, ie, taxis, hotel staff, not to mention all the jobs at the airport itself. It will have an all-round positive effect on the area....Obviously, a lot of it depends on the cost to fly into there but if its competitive with Varna then I'm sure it will do well. :lol: :lol:
scanniaman.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
brianj42
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby brianj42 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:26 am

Varna airport concession was given on the understanding that Fraport invests €500 Million in upgrading it.

How Mr B thinks he can do Bachik from scratch for €15 Million is in itself a joke.

Its tongue in cheek comments to local dignatories and businessmen to keep them excited for a few years and off his back...

Promises are like babies, easy to make, harder to deliver

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Trudyw
Super User!
Super User!

Balchik airport

Postby Trudyw » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:39 pm

Just out of interest where is the airport in Balchik , would be ideal if there was competition and then maybe Varna landing fees would be reduced so more airlines return

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
brianj42
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby brianj42 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:44 pm

Return to “Getting to & travelling in Bulgaria”