2012 vignettes

For advice, tips and information on new travel routes/prices to Bulgaria or needing internal travel advice? This is the right Forum!

Moderator: Moderator

Dreanas
Super User!
Super User!

removing vignette stickers

Postby Dreanas » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:20 pm

I keep one of those little gizmos in my car that you put a blade in for removing paint from glass and tiles. It works a treat without messing up the screen. Mind you I did get it in B&Q when I was here so maybe not very helpful :?

lyn
Mega User!
Mega User!

Re: removing vignette stickers

Postby lyn » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:08 pm

Dreanas wrote:I keep one of those little gizmos in my car that you put a blade in for removing paint from glass and tiles. It works a treat without messing up the screen. Mind you I did get it in B&Q when I was here so maybe not very helpful :?

I got one in B & Q too - then found them in Mr Bricolage! :lol:

Guerrilla

Postby Guerrilla » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:42 pm

You can buy vignette sized scrapers specifically for scraping your windscreen stickers off. Kaufland car section has them for a couple of leva.

elaine48
Super User!
Super User!

Postby elaine48 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:56 pm

Thank you for the tips. Suppose a stanley knife might work then

Dreanas
Super User!
Super User!

removing vignette stickers

Postby Dreanas » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:01 pm

Hi Elaine48

I think it would be harder using a Stanley knife as you need to get the blade as flat as possible on the screen so as not to scratch it :(

HenryKelly

Postby HenryKelly » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:20 pm

Why does no-one follow the instructions which are in English on the back of the vignette?

walkage
Super User!
Super User!

Postby walkage » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:26 pm

Ever heard of a stanley knife blade...takes off stickers and ......also hair just as good.. :oops:

seathrift
Super User!
Super User!

Postby seathrift » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:44 pm

but you need to use the Stanley blade in a special holder that will turn it into a scraper and keep the blade at a shallow angle parallel to the glass. Stanley make a very good one for a few levs. There are a few similar ones made by other companies but these do not have the rigidity of the Stanley model are are quite useless.

Villyman
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Villyman » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:09 pm

Next doors 2 girls + 2 wafer biscuits and all gone. Just give it a wipe over with the nail polish remover, job done and supporting the local economy. Total cost 54 Stinkys.

Or, drive to town 20 Lv in fuel, buy blade and holder 1Lv-50St.

No contest!!

:lol:

Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:10 am

Mat wrote:
Moscow_Wolf wrote:
Plus, I will be using that 'hairdryer' tip to remove the old one before sticking the new one in place - it works a treat. :wink:

How do you get a hair dryer into the car?

:lol: I use something called an EXTENSION LEAD, but I guess I'm fortunate as I can use any number of sockets that are already outside or, from the caravan. Plus, I'm even luckier as the Wife does this job.

For later follow on posts, I have used nail varnish remover, scrapers, but some previous owners stuck stickers from all over Europe right down in awkward corners and the hairdryer tip (it wasn't my tip) works the best for us.

Return to “Getting to & travelling in Bulgaria”