flights from Luton to Constanta

For advice, tips and information on new travel routes/prices to Bulgaria or needing internal travel advice? This is the right Forum!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
fred
Super User!
Super User!

flights from Luton to Constanta

Postby fred » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:56 pm

Hi all

Good news for anybody with a house in the North East of Bulgaria, Wizz are now flying direct from Luton to Constanta. The prices are not as cheap as flights to Bucharest but still much cheaper than flying into Varna.

Cheers Fred.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
shebry
Super User!
Super User!

Re: flights from Luton to Constanta

Postby shebry » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:40 pm

fred wrote:Hi all

Good news for anybody with a house in the North East of Bulgaria, Wizz are now flying direct from Luton to Constanta. The prices are not as cheap as flights to Bucharest but still much cheaper than flying into Varna.

Cheers Fred.

Hi Fred

I have got 5 guests arriving tomorrow from Luton to Constanta, did book 3 months ago for £149.00 return, a taxi from the airport to our villa door for 130 leva each way so for £169.00 approx. they have travelled from Luton to our door for a very good price

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
MOD
<b>Be Generous & Give MOD a Home</b>

Postby MOD » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:08 pm

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
fred
Super User!
Super User!

Postby fred » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:50 pm

Hi Shebry

I'm very happy about these flights, wish I had head about them before I booked Bucharest. The prices are ok for shorter visits, I might even do a few long weekends next year. Bodes well for possible rentals as well, there seems to be a bit of a market for rentals in Shabla, not the case a few years ago.

Hope you and yours are all good.

Cheers Fred

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
houseman
Super User!
Super User!

Postby houseman » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:23 pm

If you're thinking of taking this route, be advised of our experience 2 years back: arrived after midnight from Milan Bergamo and by the time we emerged from the carousel all the taxis had gone. Luckily we were offered a lift into town by a kind young couple whose relative was picking them up - fortunately in a people carrier. I haven't checked arrival times for the Luton service.
Also wanted to say what a great place Constanta is: there's lots to see and people are very friendly. Worth an overnight stop at least before travelling on IMHO.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
fred
Super User!
Super User!

Postby fred » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:06 pm

Hi Houseman

It arrives at 19.35.

Cheers Fred.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:59 pm

I remember years ago getting the minibus from Dobrich to Constanta. I wonder if there is still a link by public transport.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
fred
Super User!
Super User!

Postby fred » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:19 pm

Hi Scot

Nice to see you still among the living.

There may well be, I know there is a bus from Shabla to the border but even if you ask locally nobody seems to know when it goes, I suppose there must be some people who use it and they would know but well...

Buses from the Romanian side go all over Bulgaria, we use these because the timetables are all online and in English, link below for anybody who is interested.

http://www.autogari.ro/?lang=en

Cheers Fred.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
shebry
Super User!
Super User!

Postby shebry » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:24 pm

fred wrote:Hi Houseman

It arrives at 19.35.

Cheers Fred.

Hi Fred

Yes me and mine are OK thanks

I little more information on this topic which may be of interest
The taxi firm we are using is from Varna (Omega Trans) and I understand that they do this trip on a regular basis. The drivers name we have is Boyan and I do have his tel no if anybody is interested

ATB shebry

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
houseman
Super User!
Super User!

Postby houseman » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:01 am

fred wrote:Buses from the Romanian side go all over Bulgaria, we use these because the timetables are all online and in English, link below for anybody who is interested.

http://www.autogari.ro/?lang=en

Cheers Fred.

Not to dismiss the site altogether, but we have found the service times shown highly suspect. A few years ago my wife "missed" 5 scheduled services until she got so concerned that she took a taxi.
She was at the correct stop, it was not a Sunday or Public Holiday.
Two years ago we found ourselves on a service which was supposed to have left Constanta two hours previously; we couldn't be bothered to switch to the bus we had actually wanted, which left at more or less the same time.
So do not risk missing an important connection or meeting by relying on the timetable, just in case it's still as hit-and-miss.

Return to “Getting to & travelling in Bulgaria”