Cabin Baggage Restrictions

For advice, tips and information on new travel routes/prices to Bulgaria or needing internal travel advice? This is the right Forum!

Moderator: Moderator

houseman
Super User!
Super User!

Cabin Baggage Restrictions

Postby houseman » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:24 pm

Does anyone have experience of how strictly Tui / Thomson apply the 5Kg cabin baggage rule? My cabin bag weighs 3Kg empty, so I can't bring a lot back! Do they weigh cabin luggage?
Flying from Bourgas. Thanks.

banjo
Super User!
Super User!

Re: Cabin Baggage Restrictions

Postby banjo » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:34 pm

Went to Spain January with TUI/ Thomson and they never weighed my hand luggage and also never saw anyone having the hand luggage weighed not sure about Bourgas Bulgaria but cannot see any reason why, as long as the hand luggage is the right size hope this helps :D

houseman
Super User!
Super User!

Postby houseman » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:45 pm

Thanks for that encouraging reply banjo. You have to wonder why they think weight is more relevant than size, given the huge variation in passengers' weights.

banjo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby banjo » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:01 am

Just booked with Thomas Cook from Birmingham/Varna for May. Tuesday flights only at the moment but it was cheaper than Wizzair Luton. I dropped into the travel agency in Northampton as I booked I asked about hand luggage and was told that Thomas cook relax the rules a bit as long as you do not go over weight to much hope this helps. :D

shebry
Super User!
Super User!

Postby shebry » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:52 am

I have also booked with Thomas Cook, Birmingham/Varna in July and it was nearly £100 pp cheaper than Wizzair from Luton, also arriving at Varna on the Wizzair flight at 2.30 am is no joke

banjo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby banjo » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:03 am

I think wizzair has made a big mistake in the time of their flight to Varna from Luton and also the price has gone up. Last year they had 2 flights a day early or late I do not think we get a choice this year as the time has changed and only one flight up till now. I hate Luton airport anyway so lets hope Thomas cook keeps the service from Birmingham and save a few quid. :D

shebry
Super User!
Super User!

Postby shebry » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:01 pm

banjo wrote:I think wizzair has made a big mistake in the time of their flight to Varna from Luton and also the price has gone up. Last year they had 2 flights a day early or late I do not think we get a choice this year as the time has changed and only one flight up till now. I hate Luton airport anyway so lets hope Thomas cook keeps the service from Birmingham and save a few quid. :D

I have been on that late flight twice already this year and on both occasions they have been full including young children
My next flight is in two weeks time and I see that it is even 30 minutes later now, arriving 2.55am, if on time. By the time I have got my hire car it will be 3.30am and then the drive to Dobrich, at least I should arrive in day-light

houseman
Super User!
Super User!

Postby houseman » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:20 pm

Funny how people keep hijacking a thread instead of starting a new one. One of the reasons I have almost stopped using this forum.

varnagirl
Super User!
Super User!

Postby varnagirl » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:06 am

how was it Hijacked then ?....all posts are about flights...and carry on from the O/P IMHO.... ...!

no wonder the sites are dying

houseman
Super User!
Super User!

Postby houseman » Fri May 11, 2018 3:10 pm

Well, if you read the topic header it is "Cabin Baggage Restrictions". Replies were requested about that topic. That is how these things are supposed to work, nali?

Return to “Getting to & travelling in Bulgaria”