Cabin Baggage Restrictions

For advice, tips and information on new travel routes/prices to Bulgaria or needing internal travel advice? This is the right Forum!

Moderator: Moderator

banjo
Super User!
Super User!

Re: Cabin Baggage Restrictions

Postby banjo » Sun May 13, 2018 10:32 pm

Flying out on 29th I will inform all if Thomas Cook is strict on cabin baggage this will be my first flight with them to Varna from Birmingham. :D

houseman
Super User!
Super User!

Postby houseman » Tue May 15, 2018 6:18 pm

Thanks Banjo, a very pertinent and helpful response. We fly to CWL on the 28th so I will know for sure one way or the other. I will update here accordingly.
Bon Voyage! 8)

varnagirl
Super User!
Super User!

Postby varnagirl » Sat May 19, 2018 8:47 am

houseman wrote:Well, if you read the topic header it is "Cabin Baggage Restrictions". Replies were requested about that topic. That is how these things are supposed to work, nali?

yep , you are of course right looking at it that way...but it doesn,t happen like that never has
but we both know in all our years on forums ...posts always digress.......as long as they stay on the subject..in this case air travel...whats the problem , if it gets people posting !?
savi

houseman
Super User!
Super User!

Postby houseman » Tue May 29, 2018 11:12 am

Happy to report that TUI were generous and helpful. Though our hold luggage was 0.6kg over the weight limit of 20kg, and my cabin bag was 0.1kg over the 5kg limit, after a brief consultation with her supervisor, the check-in clerk allowed both items with no surcharge :-)
All the same, I wouldn't recommend that anyone abuses the weight limits: another supervisor might take a different view...

banjo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby banjo » Tue May 29, 2018 6:52 pm

Arrived in Varna on a Thomas cook flight from Birmingham today only saw one passenger charged for over size cabin bag,but he was taking the p**s I am sure he was trying to bring the kitchen sink apart from that it was a very good flight better than wizzair Luton Thomas cook staff very helpful so I will be using them again cabin bag checks not to strict.A little over on hold luggage not a problem as long as you not taking the P**S keep flying guys.

houseman
Super User!
Super User!

Postby houseman » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:43 pm

Well done banjo, thanks for the update, and have a great stay in beautiful BG.

banjo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby banjo » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:14 am

Thanks I will be going to northern Greece with a couple of BG friends who are going to drive from Varna looking forward to that one as I have not done this before. Had a fantastic storm in Varna yesterday with hail stones and heavy rain but I have been told that this is the last storm until September I am having a great time.

Return to “Getting to & travelling in Bulgaria”