Car Hire Recommendations

For advice, tips and information on new travel routes/prices to Bulgaria or needing internal travel advice? This is the right Forum!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
B52
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby B52 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:50 pm

Lynda, I think that you will find that it is the same company that Candyfrank recommended on the previous page and the (more definitive for car hire) website is
http://www.bulgaria-car-hire.com/

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
theweeton
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby theweeton » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:29 am

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Charliechech
<b>Property Sales/Management</b>

Postby Charliechech » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:22 am

Morning all

A couple are coming over from the UK and hiring a car.

To cut a long story short, their friend in the UK told them of a car rental company who will deliver their hire car to their hotel in Karlovo. No name as of yet, so wondered if anyone knew of a car hire company in Sofia that will deliver your car elsewhere in Bulgaria other than the airport?

And I know it would be easier to collect direct from the airport, but they will have been up for just over 24 hours and they don't want to drive when tired in a country they've never been to before, this is why they want the car delivering to their hotel.

I have contacted a couple of companies but no luck so far.

If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

Charlie

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
MOONLIGHT

Postby MOONLIGHT » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:54 am

Might turn out less expensive to stop in Easyhotel in Sofia first night , and collect car following morn?
regards.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
THEPOSSOM

Postby THEPOSSOM » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:41 am

In MY opinion, (and from other forum members) Sikon Group, is one of the best car rentals, I ALWAYS used their company for my rentals, and NEVER was disappointed, they've different classes of cars, they give discounts to MY BG members, plus free days car rentals, (depending of number of rented car days), also if you're in a jam, they're always there to assist, and they deliver/pick up from Sofia airport (in my case) but I think they do the same from other airports, at no EXTRA costs, (I think that Yasen Tchervenkov is it's owner and he speaks good English) they're found on www.sikongroup.com THE POSSUM :lol:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Charliechech

Postby Charliechech » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:02 pm

MOONLIGHT wrote:Might turn out less expensive to stop in Easyhotel in Sofia first night , and collect car following morn?
regards.

They land around 12 mid day and want to get over this way as they leave early Wednesday. We are picking them up from the airport IF they find a car rental firm that will deliver to Karlovo. The woman they know insists that a company she used did this but still, no telephone or contact details!!!

I am waiting for an update at the moment.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
dinos

Postby dinos » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:55 pm

Hi,

I am looking to hire a small/medium car for 3 weeks this summer, it is the last week of July and first 2 weeks of August. I am flying into Bourgas airport and I am looking for the best price. The car doesnt have to be brand new as long as its relatively new with a/c and of course it has to be roadworthy. If any agent wants to pm me with their best price that would be great.

Dinos

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
MOONLIGHT

Postby MOONLIGHT » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:04 pm

hi charliechech. just tried this with examples! http://www.motoroads.com/car-hire-in-ka ... px#cardesc

seems to be what you want?
regards

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Charliechech

Postby Charliechech » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:36 pm

MOONLIGHT wrote:hi charliechech. just tried this with examples! http://www.motoroads.com/car-hire-in-ka ... px#cardesc

seems to be what you want?
regards

You STAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you for that, much appreciated.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
mollflops

Postby mollflops » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:59 pm

hi
has anyone used Economy car hire?
I've booked them for a week during Easter, they charged £107, not too bad.

mollflops

Return to “Getting to & travelling in Bulgaria”