Car Hire Recommendations

For advice, tips and information on new travel routes/prices to Bulgaria or needing internal travel advice? This is the right Forum!

Moderator: Moderator

LUCI
Super User!
Super User!

Postby LUCI » Wed May 25, 2011 8:04 am

I have used and recommended Bulgaria car rent (Penguin group) over the past six years or so, now I add a note of caution, last week, for the third time in the past two years, they failed to turn up with my hire car to meet the night time Wizz air flight at Sofia. I took a taxi home and my daughter contacted them first thing next morning, they then delivered the car which is a good hours drive from Sofia so it was a costly mistake for them (2 men, 2 cars, 2 hours etc) but its not good that this happens and would be worse if it were to happen to 'first timers' in Bulgaria, therefore I am now more guarded with my recommendation!

flowers

Postby flowers » Wed May 25, 2011 10:39 am

WELL I HAVE ALWAYS USED JULIAN AND ANN BUZZARD AS HE IS KNOWN ON HERE; THEY HAVE NEVER LET ME DOWN ALWAYD BEEN THERE WAITING;
NO FUSS WHAT SO EVER THE CARS ARE A BIT OLD BUT OK, AND 100 EUROS A WEEK I THINK THATS GOOD VALUE,

LUCI
Super User!
Super User!

Postby LUCI » Wed May 25, 2011 11:02 am

do you have any contact details for them please Flowers?

Listener
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby Listener » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:13 am

This thread doesn't seem to have been updated in a long time but I thought I would add to it and "bump" it, as they say!
I have used Atlas Choice in the past and was pleased with their service but on trying to book a car for September this morning I get nothing but a database server error from their website, so moving on....
I have just booked a Skoda Fabia estate (or similar) for 7 days for the very reasonable sum of 93€ from www.carssofia.com and they did have some tiny hatchbacks available for around 86€ for the same period. I did use them before a couple of years ago and was quite happy with the service then, so would recommend them. The deposit is 100€.

NatalieK

Rent a car in Varna

Postby NatalieK » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:17 pm

We've used Pro Rent a Car rent-a-car-varna.com when we arrived in Varna this year. The staff is nice and their English is good, and we're very content with our Citroen C3 which was in time at the airport equipped with navigation and a child seat for our kid! We've prolonged our rent with 3 days and even got a little discount.
The company is small, but nice, we recommend it to you if you come to Bulgaria!

mememe
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mememe » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:00 pm

NatalieK wrote:We've used Pro Rent a Car rent-a-car-varna.com when we arrived in Varna this year. The staff is nice and their English is good, and we're very content with our Citroen C3 which was in time at the airport equipped with navigation and a child seat for our kid! We've prolonged our rent with 3 days and even got a little discount.
The company is small, but nice, we recommend it to you if you come to Bulgaria!

Interesting, NatalieK - but I have a couple of questions...

1) Are you originally from Bulgaria?

2) Is this your company?

You wrote in a style which tries to suggest that you are a foreign visitor independently recommending an unconnected car hire company which you have used. I don't think this is true - and your only other post here supports this:-

NatalieK wrote:Have you already decided to spend your holidays in Bulgaria?
And even to use a rental car for it?
Then welcome to “PRO Rent а Car"! We offer correct service and competitive prices. Our offices are situated in the cities of Sofia, Varna and Burgas!

You can rent a car
from 14 euros per day this autumn and winter!

Why to choose PRO Rent a car? We provide:
*Cars of Economy, Standard and Luxury Classes;
*Transfers of any point of Bulgaria and Europe;
*Car pickup at any place and any time: at the airport, near the house, near the office;
*Discounts for regular and corporative clients;
*Extras: GPS, child seats, 3G WiFi modem, ski rack, snow chains and others.

Book at the website www.rent-a-car-varna.com!

http://www.mybulgaria.info/modules.php? ... ht=#467799

Please don't make the mistake of thinking that all foreign people are fools and please also try to make yourself a bit smarter as well. :lol:

paul-alice
Super User!
Super User!

Postby paul-alice » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:01 pm

Before we moved here we used toprentacar, the cars were new and good prices.

alfandalma

Postby alfandalma » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:59 pm

I last rented a car from Varna airport last February. I was shocked to find that there was an additional charge for "Winter equipment". This was with all the different companies. It is a con but nothing we can do about it so just be prepared to pay about another 14 euro when you pick up.

mememe
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mememe » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:22 pm

alfandalma wrote:I last rented a car from Varna airport last February. I was shocked to find that there was an additional charge for "Winter equipment". This was with all the different companies. It is a con but nothing we can do about it so just be prepared to pay about another 14 euro when you pick up.

Was that for the rusty 20-year-old set of chains which were slung in the back, alfandalma?... and probably winter tyres?

Of course, hire cars come without any tyres whatsoever in the summer... :lol:

kevin

Postby kevin » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:15 pm

Have used Top Rent a Car BG for the last 5 -6 years...cannot fault them, decent cars, office 1 min from sofia airport, decent staff and good prices. Use them about 4 times a year.

Kevin

Return to “Getting to & travelling in Bulgaria”