Back to pets again

For advice, tips and information on new travel routes/prices to Bulgaria or needing internal travel advice? This is the right Forum!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
leedarkwood
Mega User!
Mega User!

Back to pets again

Postby leedarkwood » Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:35 am

OK more info on the new rules for importing pets. The new requirements which we posted about a lot last month, added several new jabs and a test for brucellousis for dogs. Be warned, this takes 8 weeks according to my vet. He reckons the cost is in the region of £40 too. This is not for the pet passport but for the export licenses. Be also warned, that money has been allocated now for new vets at airports and borders, but it looks like the airports will get them first.

Lee

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Clint2

Postby Clint2 » Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:00 am

I went through with my vet the other night about requirements for export certificate to BG. He has recently done the blood test (same one as required for BG) for a dog going to NZ, it doesn't take that long for the test results but I think this has to be done 60 days prior to departure so hence the 8 weeks.

Better news for cats they only need rabies and warming before living that saves me some money as we have 5 cats and 4 dogs to take with us.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
cornishmaids
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby cornishmaids » Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:14 am

hi
WE had molly injected and the blood test only took about a week normally to get results but ours was rushed through. No probs at borders with molly though they will check on border to greece as there is a uk border control.
crossing to greece molly was with mum and dad all the time .
Graduly settling into bg will get internet soon but its not easy to sort out.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
leedarkwood
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby leedarkwood » Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:52 am

Clint2 wrote:Better news for cats they only need rabies and warming before living that saves me some money as we have 5 cats and 4 dogs to take with us.

You had your cats frozen in storage perhaps? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cornish, have you taken the dog from Bulgaria into Greece? I am a bit confused, if you have I would love to know what happened at the border. Are you talking about the rabies test or the brucellosis?

Lee

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Clint2

Postby Clint2 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:25 pm

leedarkwood wrote:
Clint2 wrote:Better news for cats they only need rabies and warming before living that saves me some money as we have 5 cats and 4 dogs to take with us.

You had your cats frozen in storage perhaps? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lee

That's a thought worth considering when they all drive me insane.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Clint2

Postby Clint2 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:27 pm

cornishmaids wrote:hi
WE had molly injected and the blood test only took about a week normally to get results but ours was rushed through. No probs at borders with molly though they will check on border to greece as there is a uk border control.
crossing to greece molly was with mum and dad all the time .
Graduly settling into bg will get internet soon but its not easy to sort out.

Hi Cornishmaids

Glad you made it to BG.

What were the facilities like on the ferry and how long did it take? Did you go from Bari to Greece?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
cornishmaids
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby cornishmaids » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:10 am

hi it took 8 hours for crossing you can bring the dogs into the lounge area with you so no worries there. with molly there was no probs at all showed but not looked pet passport. Dad says DONT DO GREEK MOUNTAINS AT NIGHT ! VERY DANGEROUS!!!! other than that no probs we have contact with the greek border control pm me if you want any help advice.
Got to go !

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
cornishmaids
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby cornishmaids » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:11 am

hi it took 8 hours for crossing you can bring the dogs into the lounge area with you so no worries there. with molly there was no probs at all showed but not looked pet passport. Dad says DONT DO GREEK MOUNTAINS AT NIGHT ! VERY DANGEROUS!!!! other than that no probs we have contact with the greek border control pm me if you want any help advice.
Got to go !

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
rgawith
Super User!
Super User!

company links..

Postby rgawith » Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:42 pm

can some one point me in the direction of links to companies dealing with pet transport to BG. Got two cats and a young dog to take.

Rachel

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
leedarkwood
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby leedarkwood » Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:47 pm

How do you want to send them, I mean are you going to take them by air with you on the same plane? If so you can do it easily without paying a company to organise it. If you are not going with them it is harder.

Lee

Return to “Getting to & travelling in Bulgaria”