What's cooking?

Moderator: Moderator

MIK_bg
Super User!
Super User!

Postby MIK_bg » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:24 pm

I'm cooking pastarva...trout,from biala reka, with rosmarin, aneth garlic onions and paprika. Under the halogen oven till crisp.

Today grocery shopping was almost total failure as things were not as fresh as should probably due to the festivities.

This remember me that I promised myself to learn fishing as we have lakes and rivers everywhere here just at walk distance from home.

I'm gonna give you a recipe from Evrytania a region of greece with many cold water rivers where you can catch trouts. Simply wash your trout and dry it very well with kitchen paper, salt it inside and outside, place some sage leaves inside. Cook the trout in a pan with lot of butter, it should not deep fry, but slowly boil in the butter so keep your temperature low.

Mat
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Mat » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:46 pm

Unfortunately the Bulgarians kill every fish they every catch, so most rivers and lakes are completely empty. Stocked lakes will give you coarse fish but I'm not a fan of eating them.

MIK_bg
Super User!
Super User!

Postby MIK_bg » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:58 am

I think is big enough to substain itself because due to difficult costline and lack of a ring road around it and low population it is not subject to the big ecological stress of small lakes near to big dwellings.

Total capacity 539,900,000 m3 (437,700 acre·ft)
Catchment area 1,882 km2 (727 sq mi)
Surface area 16.07 km2 (6.20 sq mi)

The reservoir was recently seeded artificially with European perch. The fish was taken from the Ovcharitsa reservoir.

The first historical moment of the reservoir was in the 1970s, when it was artificially seeded with catfish. Nowadays there are 100 kg representatives. Later, 45,000 carp were introduced into the reservoir as well.

MIK_bg
Super User!
Super User!

Postby MIK_bg » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:34 pm

In these days....Drian jam, dogwood, or more correctly Acerola Cornus mas

Small ones

And the big ones...no matter what pitt them is a hell of a job
Last edited by MIK_bg on Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:11 pm, edited 6 times in total.

MIK_bg
Super User!
Super User!

Postby MIK_bg » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:51 pm

Oops one pic is huge. :lol:

Billgaria
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby Billgaria » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:29 pm

Whats with the HUGE pics :)

MOD
<b>Be Generous & Give MOD a Home</b>

Re: What's cooking?

Postby MOD » Tue May 02, 2017 4:30 pm

This is a blatant bump for one of my favorite threads.

It was MIK_bg “ I'm cooking pastarva...trout,from biala reka, with rosmarin, aneth garlic onions and paprika. Under t he halogen oven till crisp.” That brought it to my attention last year.

Then the Dolmades, Chilli jam and Quince cheese had me hooked.

Sadly the thread seemed to have died soon after I found it. Not sure if Mik's big pic's jinxed it :)

Really I would like to take it out of general discussion and either give it its own forum or at least find some were more prominent for it to be displayed.

As even if nobody wants to contribute posts to it; I really think its worth a read.

MOD

Edit I have taken the thread out of General Discussion and given it own home in Leisure

Return to “Whats Cooking”