UK out of the EU..still allowed to live in Bulgaria?

Moderator: Moderator

Pascalcho

Postby Pascalcho » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:27 pm

1) UK banks ... :)

2) It is very handy for Germany that the euro goes lower. Their export will benefit from it ;)

(Read why Germany is interested in a lower euro for at least a few months. But this game cannot continue for years, but for a year i think it will. It is not for nothing Merkel dares to poker for a while. She's about the only one winning while doing this)

3) I don't really see where the UK has a strong position. x procent of their gdp comes from London, financial transactions. IF banks and countries go bankrupt one of the most affected will be the financial center in London and this could be a very painful moment for the UK. Very! (Not to forget the big share of UK banks in bad credits in EU AND US)

gimlet
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby gimlet » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:57 pm

IF banks and countries go bankrupt one of the most affected will be the financial center in London and this could be a very painful moment for the UK. Very!

I don't know. London would probably benefit from all the restructuring and law cases. Plenty of work :D And nobody will trust a mainland European politician/Eurocrat/judge after the total ineptitude they have shown in setting up the Euro and failing to manage its predictable effects.

If that's wrong we are one of the few European countries where rationing would be introduced and operated fairly and honestly. Many people might welcome it. No towels on loungers :wink:

Pascalcho

Postby Pascalcho » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:01 pm

gimlet wrote:
IF banks and countries go bankrupt one of the most affected will be the financial center in London and this could be a very painful moment for the UK. Very!

I don't know. London would probably benefit from all the restructuring and law cases. Plenty of work :D And nobody will trust a mainland European politician/Eurocrat/judge after the total ineptitude they have shown in setting up the Euro and failing to manage its predictable effects.

If that's wrong we are one of the few European countries where rationing would be introduced and operated fairly and honestly. Many people might welcome it. No towels on loungers :wink:

Could be Gimlet, could be. But if I was Brittish i would not bet a single pound on that. :)

gimlet
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby gimlet » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:07 pm

Definitely Martinique. Cool 8)

Yes, you're right. Those foggy islands of St Pierre and Miquelon seem to have ben reclassified or opted out of freedom of movement now, but Guadeloupe,
French Guiana, Martinique, Réunion, Saint-Barthélemy and Saint-Martin seem to be OK for EU Citizens to turn up and settle.

French Guiana? - you don't even have to commit a crime to live there these days! Should be good job prospects if you know a bit of rocket science :D

Villyman
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Villyman » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:18 pm

The EU don't really want the UK out. WHY?
http://www.stevebaker.info/2011/04/prop ... 0-million/

gimlet
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby gimlet » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:37 pm

Those swine in the European self-styled "Parliament" could save Euro 203m a year simply by keeping their well padded posteriors on their chairs in Brussels all the time, rather than shuttling to Strasbourg and back month in, month out.

But they won't. It will have to be "special measures" for them, I'm afraid :twisted:

qwerty
Super User!
Super User!

Postby qwerty » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:50 pm

Looks like today's talks regarding Ukraine joining the EU went well, we could soon have another corrupt country to all move too if things get sticky here in Bulgaria :lol:

gimlet
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby gimlet » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:55 pm

The text is agreed but it's not likely to be signed until the kleptocrat/national heroine (depending on your POV) is let out of gaol.

I haven't found the text but it will probably make migration for self employment easier both ways if it follows the normal Europe Agreement model.

Oscar
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Oscar » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:27 pm

qwerty wrote:Looks like today's talks regarding Ukraine joining the EU went well, we could soon have another corrupt country to all move too if things get sticky here in Bulgaria :lol:

Just move back to the UK,if HMRC and Goldman Sachs can 'come to some agreement' over dinner,along with the loads of other big companies that never coughed up 25 million,sorry,change the m to a b,they won't be needing your little bit of tax....or is that not corrupt enough for you? 8O
Last edited by Oscar on Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Simonita
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Simonita » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:34 pm

Villyman wrote:The EU don't really want the UK out. WHY?
http://www.stevebaker.info/2011/04/prop ... 0-million/

Wildly inaccurate nonsense as usual. Try this instead:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15803400

Good job they didn't go for the UK inflation rate as the basis of the increase!

Return to “Politics non Bulgarian”