WHY did you vote leave ?

Postby FlagHostel » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:31 pm

I think it's time now to find out leave voters, WHY you voted leave -

Was it because -

My mates told me to

Someone who drinks in wetherspoons told me to

I saw more ' vote leave ' posters than ' remain ' ones around the town

The front page of the Sun on the day of the vote told me to

I did not think about it. I just thought I'd vote leave to see what happens.

I do not care about the UK as I live in Bulgaria now - so I thought i'd vote leave
just for the sheer hell of it.

Where I live in the UK or used to live, the EU does nothing for us so I might as well vote leave

£50m a day can now be spent on the nhs instead.

Only londoners are most likely to vote stay. I am a notherner and i hate southern b a s t a r d s - so im voting leave to teach them w a n k e r s a lesson.

I don't want any more immigrants coming in and taking benefit money which i can have if they do not come

who gives a toss whether we are in the EU or not. i voted for a change

I can tell you but then i will kill you

Other reason - please state

troyan
Super User!
Super User!

Postby troyan » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:06 pm

maybe you are from an area which was a net beneficiary like Wales or Cornwall and you thought I know I will vote leave and next week I will ask London to match the EU investment we get every year....to be left to rot

maybe you live in an area where foreigners take all the fruit picking jobs from the British obese people.

had enough of experts

thought there was a plan in place

banjo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby banjo » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:47 pm

Before I answer your obscene question why did you vote remain. :lol: :lol:

troyan
Super User!
Super User!

Postby troyan » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:05 am

Banjo, I did not vote,I was travelling down to BG on voting day

my view I have explained and is very simple

I come from a city which has been transformed by EU grants and well used.My city was left to rot for a few decades and the decline was brought about by the very thing that exiters are touting as our road to wealth.......that is trading with the commonwealth,we were a large Port during those days.

I live in BG and work in UK and have all the benefits of being an EU citizen,and benefit from roaming agreements, insurance agreements and healthcare agreements and citizenship agreements

I do think the EU in its current form and the Euro are both going to fail but if we just stayed on board ie on the sinking ship then I think all those things would remain in place

On immigration,,,,,non EU immigration is the real immigration, EU migration is I beleive balanced out by UK citizens moving around and in my experience Eastern Europeans generally will go home when they retire or are not working.The refugee crisis is a German problem and we like Romania and hungary have every right to refuse Merkels madness,what is happening in Sweden is the death of a nation.

We were not suffering as a member of the EU, Cameron had sorted the benefits for EU citizens,we have our borders, we have our currency, we have rebates, we can act as a passport to the EU we were doing well considering a massive crisis 8 years ago

there was no plan in place for a Brexit and still isnt so what is the point,none of the promises will be kept and the reasons people voted leave are not the ones you are now stating,they didnt even know who Junker was

Nick1

Postby Nick1 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:42 am

EU exports are a mere 12% of the british economy,trade figures show focus on EU trade has steadily dropped over the last five years.
so maybe we got out at just the right time.

i agree 100% with you on the immigration issue troyen.

I think the UK was slowly being strangled by the EU, with all its crazy rules and regulations,and this is one of the main reason the UK voted out i think.

troyan
Super User!
Super User!

Postby troyan » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:18 am

Nick that is because we are not a manufacturing nation as Mat has pointed out many times before and a trade deficit means nothing if you are not a manufacturing nation

the service sector is 77% and London is the financial centre of Europe so they come to us, it is not about exports.

and as Flags points out many non EU nations use the UK as a passport to the EU.
Note in the article just financial services alone are larger than manufacturing in the UK

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... b-official

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-36630606

And being an importing Nation a weak pound is not good for the little people who will see price rises, so although Banjo is not bothered about the weak pound it will not make things better in the UK

FlagHostel

Postby FlagHostel » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:49 am

banjo, troyan is right here -

' We were not suffering as a member of the EU, Cameron had sorted the benefits for EU citizens,we have our borders, we have our currency, we have rebates, we can act as a passport to the EU we were doing well considering a massive crisis 8 years ago '

The problem with immigrants is from NON EU people.

but as i have already said, it's better to have people living in the UK than not.
let me explain AGAIN to you banjo.
if the UK has 100m people, say 30m illegal migrants (NON EU people).
even i they ALL work cash in hand, it does not matter.

they all still need to eat and drink.
even if they shop in lidl, they still all need to buy food and will be paying VAT on purchased items - which is money for the treasury.
plus
don't forget.
anyone illegal now in the UK, working cash in hand, is not likely to claim benefits because it will flag them up.
they tend to rent rooms in houses off landlords who don't care, as long as they get their rent
pre 2007, i had 3 bulgarians renting rooms off me from burgas.
the all had cash in hand jobs, working in car washes and collecting glasses at two night clubs and shopped in lidl.
they ALWAYS paid their rent on time and NEVER messed me around.
quiet people, worked hard and had 3 jobs each.

i voted to remain because as troyan says here, pre vote day, the UK was doing ok.

i understand that nick voted leave because of the mess the way the EU is running.

it just needs sorting out and it will be sorted out now that we have left.

same as my job in the city.
i told my company i am happy to do all the work for a pay rise from 16k to 25k
otherwise i will leave.
they called my bluff as they didn't think i'd leave.
i left and all the remaining 44 underwriters in my department alone, the day i handed in my notice, all got instant pay rises to stop a chain reaction of people leaving.
it cost them a lot more than giving me 25k to stay.

same with the EU.
they did not want to budge on cameroon's requests for reform as the EU did not think we would leave.
they also called our bluff

so we left and now they are will reform to stop others leaving.

all cameroon was asking if you remember back to pre vote day was a 6 month
ban on paying benefits to people when they first arrive...
i think quite reasonable and not much to ask.

not a reason enough on it's own though nick to vote leave.

nick, if you or anyone on here has ever worked, did you leave a job when you had one problem ? or did you stay and try and sort it out ?

of course, you try and sort it out.

that's what we should have done.

not leave !

-------------------------------------

i see mat has not answered yet.

my wild guess at mat's answer will be -

i can tell you but then i will kill you ?

lol
Last edited by FlagHostel on Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

banjo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby banjo » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:07 am

The vote to leave the EU will be blamed on every impact on our daily lives and that of course is not true good or bad. I agree that a lot of EU money was spent in the north and other parts and was a good thing.

I voted to leave based on the open door policy for the freedom of movement of people in the EU a bit like flags decent women her gate was always open.

I voted to leave because our nations sovereignty was being eroded day by day.

I voted to leave because the EU and its court of human rights told us we could not deport terror suspects and the British courts had to abide by EU laws that we never voted for and had been imposed on us.

The list is endless with all the crazy rules and regulations imposed on us by a bunch of people in Brussels that we did not elect.

:lol: :lol:

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:11 am

"Our nation"

Does banjo believe that the UK of GB and NI is a "nation" ??

FlagHostel

Postby FlagHostel » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:13 am

so then you stay in the EU and sort the problems out banjo ?

Return to “Politics non Bulgarian”