WHY did you vote leave ?

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
banjo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby banjo » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:18 am

We did we voted to leave, why should we have to sort out the mess made by that mad cow merkal :lol:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
troyan
Super User!
Super User!

Postby troyan » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:38 am

That is what both Cameron and Corbyn said, better in and have a say than out..........at the moment

Varafoukis said the same about Greece.....he said stay in and be a problem for all the bankers and beaurocrats until they have to sort it out....if they leave they solve the stroikas problem for them,

I at first thought Greece should leave but if you think about it he has a good point.

Now if we were on the bones of our arse which we are not I could understand the call for change but it just was not true we were doing as well or better than anyone in Europe.

I think being on this particular sinking ship would be better than being off it when it goes down.....reason because if you are a satellite like Norway you are going down anyway but without the benefits of being a member........and may be part of a remodelled EU by default

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
banjo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby banjo » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:59 am

When a partnership gets into difficulty it makes sense to try and resolve the issues but when one partner refuses to even give a little ie immigration then its time for a split.

DC came back from Brussels with nothing and as Nigel said the gates are still open on an EU open borders policy, terrorists are now killing Europeans as a thanks for giving them shelter but the mad cow merkal will still not change her policy and more and more are coming this is a disaster for the EU thank god for the English channel. 8)

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
troyan
Super User!
Super User!

Postby troyan » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:21 am

Merkels moment of madness was not an EU directive, she went against the EU rules about asylum and we do not have an open border policy, her invitation was to Germany not the UK.......but madness it is

We could halve immigration overnight if we wanted to...just stop non EU immigration, we could do that Monday morning but we wont and neither would the Brexit campaigners, they said that on Friday the day after the vote.

The figures for EU movement are very unreliable and the truth is the UK does not have a system of counting people in and out, that is a fact

https://fullfact.org/immigration/eu-migration-and-uk/

The only real indication is from the Inland revenue

The counting system is based on asking a few people at the airport unreliable questions

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
SheilaP

Postby SheilaP » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:27 am

Banjo I voted to remain because:

1. British courts often ignored the human rights of its own citizens
2. The faceless bureaucracy based in Westminister was and is, no better than the faceless bureaucracy based in Brussels.
3. British Bureaucracy will boom in the next ten years, staffed by faceless, high earning business consultants milking the european teat and british taxpayers just like those UKiP MEP's
4. Our children could continue to go to live, work and study in 27 other beautiful european countries
5. European courts often showed a more enlightened and fair minded approach to legislation affecting its citizens than british courts.
6. The open door policy allowed british immigrants to freely travel, live and settle in Bulgaria and many other countries.
7. I didn't vote for any of the Tory governments that have ruled over me, that imposed austerity upon millions of my fellow british citizens and who I have never been able to vote out when I didn't like what they were doing.
8. I don't believe in small, narrow minded british bigotry, xenophobia and racism which in the past led to our stealing countries belonging to other people - Australia, New Zealand, Tasmania, the Americas, the Caribbean, India, Africa and so on and continues to 'other' millions of decent people who now live in the UK.
9. I believe that economically we will take a big hit, (it's on its way) by leaving Europe.
10. I wanted the UK to remain united rather than separated and divided.
11. I wanted my children to have an open, outward looking and tolerant attitude to other people and other cultures.
12. I didn't want free movement and the right to live in other european countries to become the treasured possession of those privileged elites such as Nigel Lawson, Nigel Farage, Russian Oligarch's, Phillip Green, Boris Johnson and all the rest who have the money to go and live wherever they choose.

Well I think you'll get the point. In my opinion, Britain is a more diminished, divided and uglier place than it was two months ago.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
banjo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby banjo » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:43 am

Troyan you are correct about Merkals moment of madness she had another breakdown 2 days ago when she said she would not budge on the issue of immigration.

She went against the EU as a whole so it begs the question how do you negotiate with a dictator who imposes her wishes on 27 EU countries, DC tried but got nothing.

8) 8)

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
banjo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby banjo » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:59 am

My message is to all the Scottish ,Irish ,English Welsh who Voted to leave and yes there was one million Scottish who voted brexit well done to all the people who voted for our united kingdom and freedom from a EU that is not working. :lol: :lol:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
houseman
Super User!
Super User!

Postby houseman » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:16 am

The world somehow became a lot smaller when the EU suckered us in. At least after Brexit the real big world will open up again (and that will include Europe folks!).
Plus we won't have our laws and rules dictated by a group of 27 very different countries trying to pretend they have lots in common apart from not wanting to start another war in Europe. (Meanwhile there's always Syria).

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
FlagHostel

Postby FlagHostel » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:46 am

thankyou sheila for giving us 12 good reasons to remain

Return to “Politics non Bulgarian”