WHY did you vote leave ?

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
FlagHostel

Postby FlagHostel » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:48 pm

nick,

anyone who tries to imagine any plus of voting leave is as bad as anyone who did
actually vote leave.

to clear up any doubts then -

did you vote remain or leave nick ?

o - and nick

if lloyds bank closing down 200 branches and making 3000 people redundant,
when they have double their profits in the last year, is nothing to do with brexit -

what is it do with ?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
ChrisF
Super User!
Super User!

Postby ChrisF » Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:04 pm

It's to do with the fact that more and more people use online banking and cash machines to withdraw/deposit money. The result is a massive surplus of staff - nothing to do with Brexit at all.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
FlagHostel

Postby FlagHostel » Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:28 pm

so chris,

do you think we will see EVERY bank, in EVERY country, around the world, close 200 branches this year with each bank laying off 3000 staff ?

i assume the whole world has internet banking now, not just the UK ?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
ChrisF
Super User!
Super User!

Postby ChrisF » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:07 pm

It will happen, maybe not so many branches and staff as not all countries have so many, and not this year, as not all countries (Bulgaria for instance) are as technologically advanced as UK banks, but I do most of my banking in Bulgaria online, as do several people I know I'm sure by doing so we are doing some people out of jobs.
I'd be interested to know why you think Brexit has affected Lloyds to such an extent, especially as the UK has not left the EU yet

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
FlagHostel

Postby FlagHostel » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:33 pm

well chris the story i read said that lloyds were closing branches and laying off 3000
staff in preparation of tough times ahead - meaning of course brexit

i agree with you that most countries are behind the uk when it comes to banking

but

if the future was rose in the uk with bigger things to come, why cut the branches and 3000 staff now ?

lloyds is the biggest house mortgage lending high street bank in the UK, northern rock was the biggest in scotland at the time the government stole it

lloyds does not just lend in the UK

it has branches in the main cities in switzerland for example
zurich
geneve etc

europe and across the world (not in bulgaria )

the story i read was saying lloyds were slashing in prep for brexit
because if in two years time, if the uk banks do not continue its trade
with the 27 other EU countries, then of course it profits will be severly
down.

the fact that they are steam lining their activities now is in direct response
to the leave vote

otherwise chris, if it's because of what you say, more people are using the internet now and going into their branches less, then why have uk banks not shut say 30 branches each, every year, over the past 5 years for example.

surely people going online, is a gradual process and one would think banks
would slowly close branches down as they saw less and less people going into
them ? say 10 close 10 branches every year for examle.
then i would buy your theory.

i have a lloyds account.
i go into my branch every week, random times.
the always and still have people in q's waiting to be served.
the levels to me seem similar to that over the past 5 years.

self employed people will always need to go in once a week and do their banking
pay cheques in etc and draw cash out weekly to live on.

two vital services you cannot do online, at home, sitting in your bedroom

so lloyds closing 200 branches and 3000 jobs going now, put down to brexit.
not people going online all of a sudden.

sorry nick -

did you say you voted to leave or remain ?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
ChrisF
Super User!
Super User!

Postby ChrisF » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:50 pm

Why do you assume that 'tough times ahead' means Brexit rather than think that Lloyds might, as any good business should, simply be analysing trends and planning ahead
All of the big five have branches abroad.
All have been closing small local branches in villages throughout the UK and making staff redundant for years.
You may not be able to pay cheques in or withdraw money online, but you certainly can at many ATMs, perhaps you haven't discovered that facility yet?
Times have changed, people simply havent the time, or dont want to spend their precious lunch hour standing in a queue to accomplish something a machine on the street could do in much less time.
There was an interview with a representative of Lloyd's on Breakfast TV this morning and he gave exactly the same logical reasons for the closures and redundancies that I have stated. The redundancies and closuries will affect small, local branches where the activities consist of paying in or drawing out money. If you want to see a mortgage adviser or negotiate a loan you will, as always, go to one of the main branches.
My argument was given further credibility when I was out and about (in the UK) today- someone who obviously worked for Lloyds was talking to friends, and was saying that it hadn't come as any surprise, for years the staff had ben promoting online banking while knowing that it would eventually do them out of a job.
It has always been the way, technological advances do away with the need for people power.
I rest my case, and won't be posting any more on the subject as I really have better things to do than state the obvious.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
FlagHostel

Postby FlagHostel » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:33 pm

yo chris,

this is what i read

Underlying profits at Lloyds Banking Group fell by 5%, and chief executive Antonio Horta-Osorio warned that he expects a "deceleration of growth" following the UK's decision to leave the EU.

clearly, if lloyds are now on breakfast tv - saying closures are down to increased number of people using the online services instead of going into branches

then there is a conflict of story here

nevermind.
there are many factors to guage if brexit is good or not
i have posted a new thread on house prices, undertaken by RICS
not just 1 lender

--------------------------------

nick, we are still waiting for you to tell us who's going to make up the shortfall of the loss of continued EU funding, all over the UK, in areas of most need - now we are heading out of the EU ?

plus,

did you vote to remain or leave ?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
banjo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby banjo » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:58 am

Flags you are talking crap again branch closures have been going on for years since the introduction of the internet. Also post offices yes even pensioners are on internet banking.

Stop this doom and gloom and get a job. :lol: :lol:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
FlagHostel

Postby FlagHostel » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:11 am

yes banjo i know post offices and banks have been closing for years.

but to announce 200 closures and site brexit as the reason, in the report i read,
is different in this particular case

o - and i have just read that interest rates may come down to 0.25 % this week...

another sign i would say of preparing for what's ahead.

i have a job thankyou.

in fact two.

i run two websites and i am a landlord.

so is it ok if i come on here in between and discuss the topics ?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
banjo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby banjo » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:03 pm

Yes of course its ok to put your view but the banks are blaming brexit for the closures when we all know that this has been ongoing since the 2008 crash as far as I am concerned the blood sucking investment banks can all close anyone with any financial problems in the UK will blame brexit this of course is an easy way out. Brexit was not all about the economy I wish people would stop the doom and gloom. :lol: :lol:

Return to “Politics non Bulgarian”