Did only THICK people vote LEAVE

Moderator: Moderator

alfandalma

Re: Did only THICK people vote LEAVE

Postby alfandalma » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:30 am

Mat

You didn't explain my comment about using a third currency as a comparison, which is what I did.

Last June the rate on the UK£ against the Uganda shilling rose. The US$ rate stayed still. This was the case with many currencies according to the internet exchange rates.

How come the £ devalued against the US$ and Euro ONLY in Europe ans USA.

Any speculator could have made a killing selling £ to buy another 3rd world currency then selling that to buy Euro or $.

I still believe the corrupt EU did this. No one else had anything to gain.

Brexit and Trump have changed politics at last. Since the war people have complained that "It didn't matter who you vote for". Well now the people trained to lie in a manifesto and line their own pockets are **** themselves. As the Beatles predicted in the song Revolution.

The original post heading is laughable. The lefty protesters still moaning about Brexit are all sheep stirred up by a young anarchist Owen Jones. (he is behind most of the organisation for each protest) We have seen them protesting and when individuals asked why they can't give a reason...Just the In thing to do. How thick is that.

I expect lots of outrageous replies to the last two paragraph but not an answer to the exchange rate debacle.

banjo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby banjo » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:41 pm

Brexit first the people that voted for brexit are not thick but the people that did vote for brexit do not care about exchange rates and the value of the pound the vast majority have nothing to lose and are only interested in putting a meal on the table for their families, Trump was elected by the people of the U.S.A because he could see that the vast majority of people are fed up with the same old political elite and they are getting hammered by promises by some politicians just to get power. The worlds old political elite are finished.

Mat
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Mat » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:27 pm

alfandalma wrote:
Last June the rate on the UK£ against the Uganda shilling rose. The US$ rate stayed still. This was the case with many currencies according to the internet exchange rates.

I'm sure it was the case with all the currencies. Why would the USD/UGX exchange rate be affected by a weakening GBP? There is no correlation between them. There is a correlation between the EUR and the USD when the GBP takes a dive because the economies of the UK and the EU are closely intertwined.

How is the EU 'corrupt'? Or at least any more corrupt than any other parliamentary democracy? Give me an example.

Mat
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Mat » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:31 pm

banjo wrote:are only interested in putting a meal on the table for their families.

How will Brexit help this? I can understand people not wanting any more foreigners, I can understand people not trusting the EU or the EC, I can understand people feeling out of control of their future, diluted in an EU where policy decisions for a continent may seem irrelevant to an individual country, and I can even understand people feeling that they voted for one thing 40 years ago and are getting something else.

But what is abundantly clear now and before the vote was that leaving would have permanent negative consequences on incomes and quality of life. My understanding was that this was an accepted trade-off by leave voters.

Mat
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Mat » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:33 pm

alfandalma wrote: We have seen them protesting and when individuals asked why they can't give a reason...Just the In thing to do. How thick is that.

You're just making this up now. Just because Trump talks like this doesn't mean anyone else has to.

alfandalma

Postby alfandalma » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:40 pm

UK exports to non EU countries rose 17.3% that is 43.8 billion £ in the last quarter of 2016.....Seems it wasn't the thick that voted for brexit,

Still I suppose the Remoaners won't believe that unemployment has fallen the economy is growing stronger day by day. No they will listen to Blair who was hoping for the job as EU president, so yes he is one casualty. Oh Mendleson and Kinnock will lose their EU incomes, the list of people negatively effected is certainly growing, 3 in a few days, this will cause as much panic among the Brits in Bulgaria as a little snow did last month.

One thing is very apparent from this site. Expats in the EU are scared of Brexit and so unsure of their pension rights are wanting to remain as not to rock the boat. Whereas expats in non EU countries are in favour of Brexit.

If the EU expats were told your pensions are safe and can still be paid into your EU bank accounts I wonder how they would have voted

Mat
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Mat » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:24 pm

alfandalma wrote:UK exports to non EU countries rose 17.3% that is 43.8 billion £ in the last quarter of 2016.....Seems it wasn't the thick that voted for brexit,

Yes, because the GBP is now worth less and our goods are - temporarily - much cheaper than they were before for people who buy in other currencies. However, as we don't actually make very much in the UK, we need to import most of what we consume. This includes part manufactured goods, where we have now run down our pre-Brexit stocks and are about to get crippled with very expensive imports. Apple just put up the price of their computers 20% in sterling terms. All the supermarkets are putting up their food prices.

In economies where you import more than you export, when your currency loses value your exports become cheaper but your imports more expensive. So a net reduction in welfare. Unless of course you stop importing and instead make things at home. Like potatoes. Only we don't have any foreigners to pick them any more. Unfortunately whatever Maggie didn't close the Chinese nicked, so forget any sunny uplands ideas of a resurgent manufacturing sector.

Stop reading the Daily Express, its giving you only a partial worldview. Read the Guardian, that's full on Brexit misery.

alfandalma

Postby alfandalma » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:09 pm

Mat

I agree about Thatcher closing down manufacturing with a fiscal policy of everyone working in the stock exchange. She didn't realise we can't all fit in there.

However if Germany can manufacture and export so can we on comparable salaries. All it needs is the will and something we can't do as part of the EU, and that is import restrictions, easily done on dangerous poor quality goods from China and India, the two places the idiot May is speaking too. However like all her kind she only buys designer labels and doesn't know the cost of living.

However I have only experienced EU directives causing expensive delays for industry. The young people have been brainwashed. My own daughter (43) after hearing of an alligator taking a child at Disney world came out with "Who did the risk assessment". I'm ashamed to say she is a Uni graduate running her own manufacturing business. She also voted for and believes in the EU, which is the same as the majority of her age and younger.

Outside the EU we can trade with over 200 countries, whereas in the Eu we can trade with only the countries they select, yes they even trade outside the EU. Remoaners haven't thought about where bananas come from.

alfandalma

Postby alfandalma » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:24 pm

Unfortunately whatever Maggie didn't close the Chinese nicked, so forget any sunny uplands ideas of a resurgent manufacturing sector.

I think you have been in Uganda too long, the dust and pollution has got to you.

If everyone had the attitude the UK is dead and no new manufacturing can ever be successful we might as well all emigrate and let the Muslims take over (They already are) run by un-elected elite group of PC brigade, until they can't afford to pay more into the EU than they need to take out (Like most of the member states)and then sink it. OR show a bit of British stiff upper lip, embrace Brexit and make it work and fight for our country. =D> =D> =D> =D>

Mat
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Mat » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:46 pm

alfandalma wrote:
Outside the EU we can trade with over 200 countries, whereas in the Eu we can trade with only the countries they select

Well not quite - we're free to trade with whomever we like (bar those countries blacklisted by sanctions) but have to do so on WTO rules, which are less favourable than those deals we make with specific countries. We do, for example, a whole mess of trade with the US yet have no formal trade agreement with them. The whole point is that negotiating these deals gets you much better terms when you are representing 500m people than 70m people. Much more complex and time consuming, I grant you that, but 'better no deal than a bad deal' I believe is the expression of the hour...

What we're actually doing is cancelling a trade deal of zero barriers to trade with 27 countries that take more than half our business and starting afresh with no deals with 200 countries and will have at least 15% on anything until we get them done.

Return to “Politics non Bulgarian”