BREXIT POST HERE FOR GENERAL DISCUSSION / DEBATE

Moderator: Moderator

MOD
<b>Be Generous & Give MOD a Home</b>

banjo's post moved here

Postby MOD » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:40 am

Posted Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:49 pm by banjo

The look on Merkels face with Donald Trump was a sight to behold talk about frosty is an understatement

banjo
Super User!
Super User!

Re: BREXIT POST HERE FOR GENERAL DISCUSSION / DEBATE

Postby banjo » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:45 am

Brexit is finally here and now the remoaners can sulk about something else, we are leaving this EU club there will be no economic collapse or world war 3 we will soon have control of our borders. We will no longer pay to bail out eastern block countries,no more EU stupid laws imposed on us no more merkal telling us we have to take in more and more of her invited immigrants. 8) 8)

Malarkey
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Malarkey » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:50 pm

I just wrote a lengthy reply to Banjo, however it disappeared once I pressed preview and cannot be bothered to start it all over again.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/w ... d-10130793
The Bill repeals the European Communities Act of 1972. All laws, directions, regulations and rulings made in Brussels will be transferred into UK law.

Brexit Secretary David Davis revealed details of the Great Repeal Bill, which will hand the Government powers to rewrite up to 12,000 EU laws as they are transferred into British legislation.

None of us voted for the massive changes in legislation needed, we couldn't because no party gave any idea as to what new legislation they would implement should an out vote win.
I believe no vote on Brexit should have been allowed until each side had explained what legislation they would instate to replace that which already exists, concerning the large issues that will effect the electorate ;workers rights, etc.

The fact the Tories could carry out massive changes to our constitutional law carte blanche and layed out in 50 pages of a white bill; without an electoral mandate is horrifying. Although having said that the white paper seems to indicate that the UK will mainly adopt EU law.

Oh and Banjo " EU migration may rise some years after Brexit, Davis tells Question Time - Politics live" https://www.theguardian.com/politics/bl ... itics-live

Do I trust the caliber of those negotiating the exit? or those responsible for rewriting legislation? Like heck I do.
If the general public was fed up with the way the country has gone over the past 30 years or so; it will be nothing compared to what will hit them in the next 7.

Forgive them for they know not what they have done; cannot be applied to Cameron, Johnson or Farage.

johndoe3

Postby johndoe3 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:03 pm

On the other hand, if the Remain Voters had had the majority, it would have sent a message to Brussels and Berlin, to "carry on regardless".
The Repeal Act will provide thousands of "nit pickers and bean counters" to have a field day.
So you see it's not really a Repeal Act. (Just set the Laws back to 1971)
The biggest problem is for the "ex-politicos", who when voted out of power have lost their next
"career move".
Today in the newspaper I read an article about care for the elderly.The best care home in Britain is the "House of Lords".

banjo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby banjo » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:57 pm

This is what has happened since we voted for brexit 9 months ago. There has been a drop by 17 per cent in people wanting to come to the UK from the EU and we now have companies moaning about it why is this you might ask well its because they cannot get enough cheap workers from eastern Europe to slave away in the fields and hotels, on zero hour contracts. This will stop anymore stupid EU laws regarding what the size of bananas we should have. The EU can act tough but they will lose out after all we give the second largest amount of our money to the EU of course Germany gives the most but they will need to after all Merkal invited over a million refugees to come to the EU and told other countries how many they should take this of course back fired with borders going back up.The EU is not in a good place so why should we be a member of a broken system and my main question would be what has being in this club done for the man and women on the street in the UK the answer is nothing apart from drive wages down with cheap eastern workers. The amount of people we need will now be under our control not the EU block. 8) 8)

troyan
Super User!
Super User!

Postby troyan » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:00 am

It will be interesting to see how the labour argument pans out, in my industry construction it has not been the Eastern Europeans that have driven down wages it is the Indian workforce, they do not drive down wages as such they just supply labour cheaper and replace other workers.The Polish especially command the same if not higher wages and shame the British workforce.
The British construction workers have their problems, they are either very very good or not so good,and can be very unreliable and problematic to deal with, quite a few have drug and alcohol problems, the proof being when we have random drug testing itis optional to refuse and leave the site, and in my experience sites empty when this happens especially in Scotland.
The other sectors which will suffer are the seasonal fruit and agricultural areas, areas such as Lincolnshire which is the obesity capital of the UK for British people, somehow I cant see the fattys flocking to the fields, and areas like Perthshire in Scotland who were the first to import Eastern European workers........and these sectors did so because British would not do the work, it was not a case of undercutting.

So we will see what transpires but fruit producers are not going to be paying premium wages, because they wont be able to compete with imported produce from all our new trading partners which the Brexiteers are promising.

Return to “Politics non Bulgarian”