Letters (post)

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

only1_bettyspaghetti

Letters (post)

Postby only1_bettyspaghetti » Sun May 14, 2006 3:56 pm

:D Can anyone tell me how you get letter like electricity water? Do they deliver threw your door I guess not :? How do u get them

Thank you

DANNIA
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby DANNIA » Sun May 14, 2006 3:59 pm

Hi Betty
I think letters are generally delivered to the post office in your village, well they are in ours anyhow.
I don't think they have postmen :?
Nikki

millomgirl
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby millomgirl » Sun May 14, 2006 4:01 pm

Don't think they have a postal service in VT either!!! I posted some cards back to the UK from the central post office in February - my friends are still waiting for them to arrive! :!:

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Sun May 14, 2006 4:03 pm

We used to have a postman in our village but he was paid off. Now the lady who works in the post office waits until someone from our part of the village is in the Post Office and then asks them to drop them off at our house.

It is a good idea to make sure that the local post office know of your existence. You will be using their facilities to pay electricity and water.

Use the correct format of the address, inclusing postcode. It is not a bad idea to have the address in Cyrillic. Get some labels made and give them to friends who are writing to you.

You can check your BG postcode on www,bgmaps.com

only1_bettyspaghetti

Postby only1_bettyspaghetti » Sun May 14, 2006 4:03 pm

Im not sure we have a Post office :?

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Sun May 14, 2006 4:06 pm

If there is no post office in your village, one of the neighbouring villages will cover it.

Ask neighbours 'Kude e poshtata ?'

tigriff
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby tigriff » Mon May 15, 2006 6:09 pm

I have just discovered the address of my new bg home - Banite Municipality, Oriahovets - well that narrows it down to about 30-40 houses at least!!!!! Can anybody enlighten me as to how I get water and electricity connected using such a general address?

bulgygirl

Postby bulgygirl » Mon May 15, 2006 6:18 pm

Yes Iwe found it useful to have the address in cyrillic as well. I write both in English and use a cyrilic photo copy, thought that would get everyone used to seeing it in english and bulgarian.

Letters / cards to our neighbours are always received in time using this sysstem.

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Mon May 15, 2006 6:36 pm

My experience has been that if the items are properly addressed, (preferably in Latin AND Cyrillic) deliveries in villages are okay.

In towns and urban areas, postal deliveries to your house can be problematic. The best bet for that is to rent a PO Box. Ask at your main post office. Ask in Bulgarian and be persistent. They may try to fob you off but try again and make a written application ('MOLBA').

Bohochick
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby Bohochick » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:11 pm

tigriff wrote:I have just discovered the address of my new bg home - Banite Municipality, Oriahovets - well that narrows it down to about 30-40 houses at least!!!!! Can anybody enlighten me as to how I get water and electricity connected using such a general address?

Hi,

I was wondering that as well and read somewhere on the forum that you have to go to the elec/water company with your meter number and they switch it on from there then the bills will be sent to your local post office. Not sure what you do if there is no water or elec meter at the property.

Return to “General Discussion”