Letters (post)

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

teddy4U
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby teddy4U » Wed May 30, 2007 2:22 pm

Had the same problem last year, in the same area. I know stuff was sent but didn't turn up (over 20 went missing.) Then all of a sudden they turned up but sporadically.
:(
the same thing happened going back to the UK, some 30 letters just didn't get there!! :evil:

Unlucky seems to be the name of the game in these cases.

The only insurance with post in and out is to get a 'signed for' service going out and a registered service coming in. More expensive but effective!
:idea: :)

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Wed May 30, 2007 2:24 pm

Send it recorded or registered - both ways. 'PREPORUCHENA POSHTA'

julieanne
<b>Prop Management/Transport/Sales</b>

Postby julieanne » Wed May 30, 2007 6:08 pm

thanks scot47. will do that next time mail needs to be sent or recieved. i am going to go to yambol main post office to see if they can do anything. well its worth a try.

gillette

Postby gillette » Wed May 30, 2007 6:56 pm

Would it be the postmistress at the local post office who would sign for a recorded or registered letter?

Thought I might send myself a letter from the UK to see if it arrives, and how long it takes before I go out again!

(By the way, we eventually managed to get our full address - but even on the day of the exchange, our agent told us to go and knock on a neighbour's door, ask them there address and either subtract or add one!)

Seems a funny way to do business!!
:lol:

gillette

Postby gillette » Wed May 30, 2007 6:58 pm

That should read, 'their address'. I do hate bad spelling!!

:oops:

Tomolly

Post subject.

Postby Tomolly » Wed May 30, 2007 8:45 pm

Yes, Julieanne, We are in exactly the same position, no letters except monthly bank statements for the past 3 months, It started going downhill last August, and has gradually worsened. It is a main topic of conversation at our monthly get-togethers at the Ekaterina Motel.
Now, we are having to use the English address of a couple who have a holiday house in our village. They have kindly offered to bring our mail when they come.
We have recieved a letter today from Holland which is addressed to someone else, and the address is written in BULGARIAN. :?
In response to Teddy4u, we have this week recieved a small packet sent "to be signed for"
It had been signed for before it was delivered.
This is the second time this has happened.
We think it is time to sing the "racial discrimination" song, as the ethnic minorities do in Multicultural GB, It works a treat for them.
Blair for BG PM?. :(

trickytree
Super User!
Super User!

Postby trickytree » Wed May 30, 2007 9:24 pm

Our local post office have always been most helpful and after a chrissy card and choccies we have had our mail delivered as ever with a smile, molya.

amron
Super User!
Super User!

Postby amron » Thu May 31, 2007 9:14 am

wE POSTED A LETTER IN YAMBOL AND IT TOOK 7 DAYS TO GET HOME TO THE UK. WE WERE HAPPY WITH THAT. THE SECOND LETTER HAS NOT GOT THERE YET AND IT IS NOW 10 DAYS SINCE I SENT IT

varnaman
Super User!
Super User!

Postby varnaman » Thu May 31, 2007 9:20 am

If you live in a city then be careful with numbers,as a UK 7 can be read as a 4 here and other differences can cause mail to go missing for ages.
Also Bulgarians living abroad often have problems--mail is stolen to see if something valuable is inside from a rich foreign country !! Don't start to feel it is any sort of discrimination except financial. Perhaps also ensure only boring square definitive stamps are used,not pretty commemoratives which could cause mail to be stolen for a friends collection.

julieanne
<b>Prop Management/Transport/Sales</b>

Postby julieanne » Thu May 31, 2007 3:46 pm

we have no problems with the village post office, as they have been most helpful in trying to track down our missing post.none of which is of any value to anyone but us. last year we had our mail with no probs, just seems to be the last 3 mths.? its just hard on the children as they lost there birthday cards, photos of there friends and family which are usally sent on a regual time scale.they enjoyed getting post from england, but now i have had to tell people not to sent them, as is a waste of money if we are not getting them.

Return to “General Discussion”