EMERGENCY NUMBERS

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

houseman
Super User!
Super User!

EMERGENCY NUMBERS

Postby houseman » Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:59 pm

Hi All, Just wondered if some kind person would come to the rescue and tell me the numbers to dial in BG for Police, Ambulance and Fire. They're in my mobile but can't get at them to read while in UK. Thanks! :smt051

usefull numbers
Postby tatz2003 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:43 pm

0123 operator for international calls
121 operator for long distance calls within the country
174 telephone information service
144 telephone information service for office phone numbers
145 telephone information service for home numbers
146 emergency road service
150 emergency medical aid
166 police patrols
178 over hours pharmacies
175 weather forcast
120 wake up call
112 Emergency Call Center European wide number. Available in Bulgaria

kiboko
Super User!
Super User!

Postby kiboko » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:09 pm

Foreigners who do not speak the language of their host country should make an arrangement with friends (preferably indigenous) who are fully fluent in both their own language and the local langauge. The cell numbers of these friends are then entered into the fast dial of their own mobile phones. Should an emergency arise one dials one's friend, explains and the friend then makes the call to the relevant emergency service. A little cumbersome for some folk but better than nothing.

If one has no friends willing to do this, pay a competent professional a small annual retainer with an agreed additional payment per incident his or her service is utilised.

tatz2003

usefull numbers

Postby tatz2003 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:43 pm

0123 operator for international calls
121 operator for long distance calls within the country
174 telephone information service
144 telephone information service for office phone numbers
145 telephone information service for home numbers
146 emergency road service
150 emergency medical aid
166 police patrols
178 over hours pharmacies
175 weather forcast
120 wake up call
112 Emergency Call Center European wide number. Available in Bulgaria

DANNIA
Mega User!
Mega User!

New Information!

Postby DANNIA » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:50 pm

This was a surprise to find out but a friend here recently needed to call in an emergency, and in the panic forgot what number to call, so dialled 999 from her Bulgarian mobile, and it re directed her to the 112 number!!

So if in doubt 999 works here and is soo much easier to remember.

Nikki

Inge

Postby Inge » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:19 pm

Tried emergency 112 number and got a recorded message asking me to press a button for English, which I did. The person answering spole Bulgarian and when I asked her if she spoke English she put the phone down on me. Good job it wasnt a life or death situation

Joss
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Joss » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:27 pm

Last Christmas my husband had a stroke and I rang for an ambulance. Because we live in the middle of nowhere, it's difficult to give directions in English even to English friends, never mind to Bulgarians. I was put through to an English speaker in Sofia, who was very good and tried her best but 3 hours later there was still no ambulance. Thankfully a Bulgarian friend came out and drove hubby to hospital and all was well. The next day someone from the ambulance service rang me and said that if we just got our GPS co-ordinates they would have no trouble finding us next time.

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:33 pm

Have an emergency procedure with the tel number of someone local who can pick you up and take you to hospital. If no one around, get a local taxi firm and make sure that they know where you live. It could mean life or death.

Return to “General Discussion”