Marriage in BG

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
LIL
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Marriage in BG

Postby LIL » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:19 pm

Can anyone give me more information regarding getting married in Bulgaria,i understand a lot more is involved than at home here in UK,but any feedback given to me for reasearch will be much appreciated.Thanks LILxxx

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Liliputian

Postby Liliputian » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:26 am

might depend on who's getting married, i.e., 2 foreign nationals, 2 bulgarians, or one of each...but off the top of my head;

i know when i married a bulgarian, i had to supply a certificate of no-impediment, basically showing i wasn't already married, and also an official document stating that british law would recognise the marriage. these i had to get from my local registry office.

in bulgaria we both had to get a blood test, i suppose in case we had any nasty surprises in store.

we then had to provide all the above documentation, plus birth certificates to the british consul over there, who then issued a certificate giving the go-ahead.

i might well have missed something out, but if you want to send me a PM, i'll forward you some email information i gathered from relevant authorities when it still seemed a good idea (kidding obv - it was a great experience, i'm sure much better than it would have been here).

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
SandraP

Re: Marriage in BG

Postby SandraP » Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:32 pm

LIL wrote:Can anyone give me more information regarding getting married in Bulgaria,i understand a lot more is involved than at home here in UK,but any feedback given to me for reasearch will be much appreciated.Thanks LILxxx

Jeeeeeze Lils, am I to get my hat out again!!!! 8O :roll: 8O

I hope this means what I think it means and if I am not jumping the gun I wish you and Kevin all the very best! :smt038 :smt060 :smt052

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
lucky
Super User!
Super User!

Postby lucky » Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:52 pm

Thats right Sandra :lol:

Come on LIL... spill the beans to your mates :lol:

I mean!! You cant leave a post like that and not expect us to wonder.

IF you are getting married mate... Congratulations and all the very best to you and Kevin.

lucky

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Scooby
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Scooby » Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:59 pm

Hi Lil,
Cazpaul got married in Elena last year if you send her a PM I'm sure she'll be able to help.

All the best,
Sue

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Swanny
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Swanny » Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:02 pm

Oooooh you nosey pair!!!! :^o So whats crackin off then Lil??? :lol: :smt041

Swanny

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
LIL
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby LIL » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:01 pm

Oh girls what gives you that idea :lol: :wink: keep looking out for my posts xxxxx

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
LIL
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby LIL » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:03 pm

Hi Scooby we have been in touch with cazpaul they are going to email us some info thanks lilxxx

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
SandraP

Postby SandraP » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:39 pm

LIL wrote:Oh girls what gives you that idea :lol: :wink: keep looking out for my posts xxxxx

Thats it girls, the news it out!! The first My BG Wedding :heart: :smt054 :smt049

Just in case you were wondering Lil's, Me, Lucky, Nicki, Katy and Swanny are available for the honour of being your bridesmaids!!! :smt055 :prayer: :smt054

Red and Peli would look lovely as page boys and I am sure that Chris and the Mod's would love to be Ushers. :smt082 :smt059 :smt082

Joking aside Lil, I am really happy for you and Kevin and I wish you all the happiness and joy that I know you deserve. :smt057 :smt057

Sandra :lol: :D :lol:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Memsahib
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby Memsahib » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:00 pm

Just thought of somat! oldtimers got hold of a big bell to ring at the wedding :D :smt049 Congratulations!

Return to “General Discussion”