Marriage in BG

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
gimlet
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby gimlet » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:09 pm

Best wishes to you both :D

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
PCVrach

Postby PCVrach » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:07 am

gimlet wrote:
But he or she must also have got through the immigration hurdles to get indefinite leave to remain which takes the best part of that 3 years if things go smoothly. That includes the brainwashing life in the UK test which, I have it on authority, can easily be resolved by a bit of Bluetooth and a veil :o

Have you seen the test. I was born here, lived here for 45 years and I would not pass 8O

Congrats to all of you who have wed (too many to mention :lol: ) BTW!

I wish you long health, prosperity and lasting relations!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
gimlet
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby gimlet » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:47 am

Have you seen the test. I was born here, lived here for 45 years and I would not pass 8O

Exactly !

I wonder what a "Life in Bulgaria" test would be like? There's a mischievous thought. :idea:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
owain
<b>Property Sales</B>

Postby owain » Fri May 13, 2011 11:48 am

Hi All,
I'm looking for a bit of info here before I trawl through Google :wink:
I'm contemplating going back to U.K for a couple of years for family reasons.
My Girlfriend and Daughter are Bulgarian.We're not married and my Daughter is registered/notarised as mine.
Obviously to make it easier for my girlfriend to work in the U.K we will need to get married, would it be easier & cheaper to get married in the U.K. rather than Bulgaria and what steps would I have to take with regards to my daughter?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Fri May 13, 2011 11:59 am

If Her Britanic Majesty's Ambassador charges 1000 leva for posting trhe banns at the Embassy it would be cheaper in the UK. I took that figure from a recent post by Adele.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
owain
<b>Property Sales</B>

Postby owain » Fri May 13, 2011 12:21 pm

Thanks Scot,
I was thinking that myself, also wont have to go through the bureaucracy of showing I'm not already married etc.
I am wondering if I'll need anything notarized or translated to show to the U.K authorities that I am the Father of my Daughter so that she can be registered for Schools, Doctors etc. It'll be difficult enough for her when her schoolmates find out her middle name is my first name...Andrew :lol:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Fri May 13, 2011 1:22 pm

BG birth certificate should be enough. Get it translated and notarized in BG before you go. Ensure that name on her Bulgarian passport has the same spelling as is normal on English-language documents.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
owain
<b>Property Sales</B>

Postby owain » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:35 am

So,I've done the first stage "Placing a Notice of an Intended Marriage". Price has risen to 150 Leva.
Picking up the "Certificate of No Impediment" in a couple of weeks..another 150 Leva.
Found out you don't have to go directly to the Bulgarian Ministry of Foreign Affairs as there are companies in most Towns that will sort that out for you. Legalised/translated for 80 Leva.
Marriage at Registry Office - 20 Leva
Total - 400 Leva

Not too bad

:)

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
SooToo

Postby SooToo » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:51 am

Don't forget to add in your blood tests and sanity check as well :D

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
owain
<b>Property Sales</B>

Postby owain » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:18 pm

SooToo wrote:Don't forget to add in your blood tests and sanity check as well :D

Ok, 50 leva for the health check & blood test...but I may have to throw a bribe for the sanity check :? :lol: :?

Still not too bad and it's not much to sort out. A couple of days runnin around and remember when to sa "да" :lol:

Return to “General Discussion”