Marriage in BG

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
truckyboy
Super User!
Super User!

Postby truckyboy » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:40 pm

OK, so the banns have been posted, the fees paid, so when do we all get the invitation..are we all going to the church,, or are we all going to the church and the reception..and is dress optional... :lol: :lol:
Good Luck

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
owain
<b>Property Sales</B>

Postby owain » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:11 pm

Being a devout athiest, there'll be no drunk, hairy men in black robes,chanting giberish, marrying me :twisted:
Just a quick reception job and a small do with family and friends.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:51 pm

owain wrote:So,I've done the first stage "Placing a Notice of an Intended Marriage". Price has risen to 150 Leva.
Picking up the "Certificate of No Impediment" in a couple of weeks..another 150 Leva.
Found out you don't have to go directly to the Bulgarian Ministry of Foreign Affairs as there are companies in most Towns that will sort that out for you. Legalised/translated for 80 Leva.
Marriage at Registry Office - 20 Leva
Total - 400 Leva

Not too bad

:)

Owain, this is an Apostille required on the Non Impediment document you get from the British Embassy Consul. If you have the opportunity to use couriers/middlemen to see this part through for you then, it is a bonus.

There were NO costs for the actual Government Ceremony in Yambol Registry Office as I recall except the necessity for two witnesses of which it was advised that one should be Bulgarian. Oh, and add 15 Lev for the price of the official translator/interpreter although, I had already learnt, 'I Do' in numerous languages.

Good luck to you both. :wink:

Return to “General Discussion”