Winter wood supplies

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
brianj42
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby brianj42 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:34 am

mike4727 wrote:Hi Brian,

I do hear the occasional buzz saw late at night sometimes in the forest behind me so I guess that the locals must have organised some form of " unofficial " licence that allows them to operate only under cover of darkness :lol:

Mike

Thats the muti getting the pig feed ready for the next day and disposing of the opposition in the process :D

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
markie1969
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby markie1969 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:46 pm

our mayor is useless wen it comes to anything! prob my request for wood was looked upon lightly cos he heard me mumbling about telling whoever it was to get lost (but not so nicely) on the second day of my arrival here! lol
But in truth it seems all the expats here of which there are a lot have the same problem about wood from the mayor yet all the locals here n now have beautifully axed wood piled high against their houses whilst everyone else is looking worriedly at the thermometer!
we have tried dif ethods one in ruse they way the car on ya way in n way it on the way out that was good but now we use a timber yard in next village. This year we just chopped down the trees in another property we bought which has become sadly neglected and very overgrown and at the same time im helping out a fellow brit who is still waiting for his delivery in November! tuttut!!!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
AngloBulgarian

How many cubic meter's of wood in a tone?

Postby AngloBulgarian » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:06 pm

Quick one - i know it varies but roughly how may cubic meter's of fire wood are there in a tone??

Some here are selling by the tone and some by the cubic and i need to compare prices.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
doberden
<b>Property Sales/Rental/Management</b>

Re: How many cubic meter's of wood in a tone?

Postby doberden » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:27 pm

AngloBulgarian wrote:Quick one - i know it varies but roughly how may cubic meter's of fire wood are there in a tone??

Some here are selling by the tone and some by the cubic and i need to compare prices.

cubic ton is around 1.4 cubic meters depending on the mass

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
bgcarl
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby bgcarl » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:55 pm

The wood suppliers in the town here (Dobrich) stack their wares in cubics, as they call them, and if you want a tonne, they give you two of the stacks. Its not so much science as it is custom and practice.

When I used to order it off the mayor and the logs came uncut, I had no idea how they judged a tonne or a cubic.

Cheers

BGCarl

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
bullador
Super User!
Super User!

Postby bullador » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:50 pm

Where we are its usually two cubics to a ton. Hope this helps.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
theweeton
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby theweeton » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:37 am

There are many factors to take into consideration when comparing wood prices, type of wood, age of cut wood, diameter of wood to name but a few.
No two piles are the same so if the difference is a few leva then you may have a problem.
If you are trying to get value for money ask your neighbors and more important ask a neighbor to order if the price is right.
For those who live in villages the mayor's wood is usually coemptive and its worth paying a few leva more to stay on side and be "on the snow plough rosta :? "

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
AngloBulgarian

Postby AngloBulgarian » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:19 am

Our Mayor seams to be AWAL to be honest (and people have taken advantage - the place is a tip).

In the end i did ask the neighbors, and one who had an IVECO tipper actually took me and picked it up. I paid 55lv pr cube for bone dry (stored indoors) Oak - i dont know how this compares to what other people manage to get it for but round here most are charging 65lv a cube or 120lv pr tone. Im happy as it burns long and steady.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:41 pm

Wood has different weights depending on what tree it comes from. Oak is heavier than most. My advice is to get a Bulgarian to help you.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
bgcarl
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby bgcarl » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:46 am

My wood too was 55lv a cubic, cut to petchka size.

Return to “General Discussion”