Electricty and water Payment of Bills

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
KCM
Super User!
Super User!

Postby KCM » Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:03 pm

Where can I open a utilities account? My aparrtment in in Nessebar and I have a similar situation regarding paying my bills! I currently have a postbank account with online access. Can I set something up through this?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
deathstar
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby deathstar » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:00 pm

:) hi i use united bulgairian bank in bourgas, hav current account and bills , payed by direct debit. i just top up the account every time i go out. death

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Fannyarbuckle

Postby Fannyarbuckle » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:11 pm

Hello everyone.

we bought an old property when we were in BG last September.It was our intention to move over within a few months but unfortunately we are having problems selling our house in Spain.
As I am a pensioner I do not have the money to be able to go back to Bg to sort out about paying the utilities.
I have tried contacting my estate agent in bg as the only person I could ask to help sort it out but my e-mails are not delivered and come back.

So can anybody tell me what happens and what difficulties will arise because these bills(if there are any) haven't been paid'
FA

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
DANNIA
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby DANNIA » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:25 pm

Hi FA
if anything is owed and they can get to your leccy meter you will be cut off, but not a problem if you are not there and doesn't cost much to be reconnected.
The water isn't a problem as no-one gets cut off from what I can see.
We know of many people who owe years worth of water but is never cut off.
Hope you get your house in Spain sold soon
x

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Nessie
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Nessie » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:33 pm

Hi
I have read through this thread as we also need info on paying the electricity bills, but are still none the wiser.

I only need to know about electricity as our water is included in annual maintenance charge.

We have an apartment, so getting a local to pay the bill is not so easy as somebody owning a village house.

We transfered the meter from the developer to ourselves at EVN in March. We asked about paying, and they pointed out the web address, but when we arrived back home we found out you can only pay via their website if you have an EPAY account.

So, from this thread, I have found out that bills will not go to our local post office as we are not permanent residents. So how do EVN tell us how much to pay? Do you think we could go to EVN once a year and pay up front an approx sum? The last thing we want is a guest to arrive to no electricity!

This must be a problem for thousands of foreign owners, so there must be a way to pay without being Bulgaria, surely??

Any further advice greatly received.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
spirograph

Postby spirograph » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:14 pm

Nessie
How do you go about changing the bills over to you from the maintenance company? I'd prefer to pay my apartment bills direct rather that going through the maintenance company so i know they aren't charging extra.
Thanks
Spiro

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
spirograph

Postby spirograph » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:17 pm

Also, please can anyone say how much they charge per kwh. And for water per cubic meter?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Nessie
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Nessie » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:03 pm

Hi Spiro

Our caretaker gave us the meter number and we took this to EVN. This is what our developer wanted, but not sure about how you go about it if your company want to keep control and bill you. You may not have any choice.

Can anyone help with my queries above??

Ness

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
DANNIA
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby DANNIA » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:32 am

Hi Spiro
just checked my water bill which is 1.120 leva per km
Nikki

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
MOTO

electricity meter

Postby MOTO » Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:21 pm

HI ALL ,I HAVE PUT THIS IN THIS SECTION HAS IT IS REGARDING ELECTRICTY / PAYMENT.

OK I UNDERSTAND NOW THAT I CAN ORGANIZE TO PAY ALL BILLS EITHER BY DIRECT DEBIT OR VIA A NEIGHBOUR.

REGARDING TO THE ANSWER ABOUT LEAVING A GATE KEY WITH A NEIGHBOUR TO READ THE WATER METER...

OK YES..MINE IS IN THE FRONT GARDEN DOWN A HOLE.....
BUT THE ELECTRICITY METER IS THROUGH THE HOUSE, OUTSIDE ON THE SECOND FLOOR BALCONY.....

THE ONLY ACCESS IS THROUGH THE HOUSE OR CLIMBING A LADDER OVER THE BALCONY WHEN NO BODY IS THERE.

HOW DO THEY READ IT?? THEY SEEM TO COME IN FORCE WHEN THE HOLIDAY TIME ARRIVES OR SEE US THERE.

THANKS MOTO

Return to “General Discussion”