Electricty and water Payment of Bills

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
DANNIA
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby DANNIA » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:40 pm

:lol: That'll be the one then, they aren't always that easy to spot so no worries, ours is inside the house so no chance of us ever being cut off, well I hope not anyway! 8O

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
johnx689
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

paying Utility Bills

Postby johnx689 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:02 pm

Was interested in Javeds comment about the direct debit sytem providing all the answers for him.

My original problem was when I was told by my solicitors that a Direct debit only lasted for a Calander Year , and as I had originally set one up in November that had not proved much use at all . As a Non resident it is unlikely I would be visiting in January when apparently ?? they have to be renewed so thus need my solicitors to rearrange every time which involves them travelling down to the electricy office in Dobrich to set one up.

Does anyone know if this one calander year thing is someting the banks insist on or something the Utility boards require for some reason. (AS i had to prod my solicitors to reset it up again I don't believe they are trying to make extra money ) .

If there is anyone who has insight into the Bulgarian banking system in this area I would be most interested ... also whether Javed had to reorganise his every year or whather he has found a way of getting around it.

Regards

JF

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Javed
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Re: paying Utility Bills

Postby Javed » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:45 am

johnx689 wrote:Was interested in Javeds comment about the direct debit sytem providing all the answers for him.

JF

Hi jf
Went to Bulgaria earlier on this year and set up the direct debits for my utilities with the post bank for the last two years before that my utilities were paid from my United Bulgarian bank I did not have to renew the direct debit with the UB Bank the only problem I had with them was no Internet access to my accounts & when I went to them last year to receive the information regarding the payments I was told to go and find a translator I am going to BG later on this year will ask the bank if I need to renew my direct debits yearly will let you know
Javed

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
bgcarl
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby bgcarl » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:47 am

Don't know if this is the right place Mod but couldn't find anything similar in search.

My friendly water man came this morning to read my meter and take my payment. He now has a mobile billing machine and issues a receipt instantly.

My issue is the bill, he charged me 17.40 lv for 14m3, I must admit I was expecting to pay more. I'm sure on here somewhere I read about 5lv per cubic metre. Am I wrong or is this yet another pleasant surprise?

By the way this is 6 months usage!

BGCarl

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
nigelthebrickie
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

water

Postby nigelthebrickie » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:23 pm

Hello all.
Just to let you know they do disconnect your water !!!!!!!
I think Dannia? said this does not usually happen believe me it does I am the proud owner of a new crater and so has my neighbour.
Has anyone any ideas on reconnection as I have no documentation for the
water .My agent arranged this connection and has never issued me with a bill.Is it possible to get reconnected without them?
Thank you
Nigel

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
polmachina
<b>Property Sales/Rentals</b>

Postby polmachina » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:42 pm

Hi
We have just had our electricity reconnected this afternoon after 24hrs and no other form of power to use for heat.
We were diconnected for non payment...we have paid by DD for the last 18mths for this and our water...We went and got our bank statements to prove the money had gone...first of all they couldnt even tell us what time period they were on about... but we could only be reconnected by paying 770 leva...because the computer said so and it was a BANK problem...then they gave us reciepts with all the dates on and all the amounts were the same but they said it wasnt their problem...Our BG friends say never use DD because this is common...you need a piece of paper in your hand to prove anything here...

To make matters worse we have just gone out to feed our cats and 1 was missing...we heard him crying in the basement where some neighbours store their wood...not their own basement I hasten to add but they just use it ...and found him with his leg stuck in a BEAR TRAP !!!i hidden in a box ,wired to a table!!! UNBELIEVABLE....have rigged it up outside their front door...not had a good day...

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
keninski
Super User!
Super User!

Postby keninski » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:08 pm

Hi All
some very different opinions bout this subject,we had our electric cut off last year,re connection fee 20 lev next day or 5 when they can get there.
Our neighbour now pays the bill for us,we gave her our EVN card (electric) and she pays at the village post office. The cost to us is tins of corned beef and hp sauce when we come over.
Our Mayor reads the water meter and we pay him. You apparently pay more if you have a pool,so we got ourselves a well.
Our water bill for two years was 60 lev.
Prosperous 2009 to you all

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Guiness

Postby Guiness » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:19 pm

Wait till you get the so-called "изравнителни сметки". Everyone banking on cheap "electric" is in for a big surpirse. Polmachina's bill comes as no surprise. Indeed, it is what everyone pays twice a year to "make up" for all the wonderfully cheap 30 lev bills they get in the meantime.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
polmachina
<b>Property Sales/Rentals</b>

Postby polmachina » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:26 pm

Hi Keninski
we live here full time.now..used to just pay the reconnection of 10 levs every time we came over through a friend...thats why we changed to DD...needed to be independent...but cant be getting cut off when its minus 1...spent the night in a hotel..
its just so annoying because you know you wont be reimbursed for over payment and you cant live without their product...they have u by the short and curlies!!!
off to the main branch of the bank tomorrow to try and sort it out...not a lot of confidence but will give it a try..water is no problem...2 leva a month!!!
Only them upstairs to sort now and will be happy....surely traps are illegal...???nice friendly cat...they just wanted to beat him to death in private!!!wondered here the last 3 went!!!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
oldtimer
<b>Prop Management/Transport/Sales</b>

Postby oldtimer » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:31 am

We have never paid by DD as everyone that I speak to seems to have a problem, for us it is no problem as we are here all the time so it can be paid at the post office no problem. Sorry to hear about the cat.

Return to “General Discussion”