Electricty and water Payment of Bills

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
leedarkwood
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby leedarkwood » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:43 am

I can't get into the www.cezelectro.bg website to check our account online, is it just us? Paying the bill at the postoffice was a doodle, just hand the card over, understanding what we have paid is more complex. I have no idea what is estimated or real or what is outstanding.

We pay around seven leva a month for water.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
polmachina
<b>Property Sales/Rentals</b>

Postby polmachina » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:53 am

Hi Guiness
I know what you mean....we pay 80levs a month on average and then about 600 in january... but thats not the problem...there is plenty of money in the account to cover the bills and they have already taken the money and then asked for it again...exact same amounts....and not consecutive months ...just the odd few...going to cancel the DD today anyway...

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Simonita
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Simonita » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:11 am

Our electricity experience is a bit convoluted. As part of our initial renovation work, we put in for a new meter to be fitted to the outside of the house to replace the “antique” one indoors. Nearly three years later, the new meter has still not been installed. Not too dissatisfied with this, as a) the old meter can only be read when we are there, b) the old meter only registers part of the usage (!), and c) the old meter makes a talking point, hanging as it does from a rope in the hall!

In the autumn, EON arrived mob-handed (three people) to read the meter. They also said that they would now be charging an estimated bill for the periods where they could not get access for a reading. I gather that there are major problems in getting these estimated bills reconciled with actual usage, but that is a battle still to come.

Not interested in using DD, but thought that I could pay the bills remotely using internet banking/TAN codes and the EON website, which displays the month’s bills for each customer number. First problem was that the TAN codes I had were out of date and could not be used. Second problem was that when a friend went into the office to pay on our behalf, he found that the amount required was not the same (was less) than the amount shown on the EON website. No one has an explanation for this.

Not quite sure where to go from here. I can get more TAN codes easily enough, but don’t really want to be paying the bills on the EON website if they are inflated.

Anyone else had this problem?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Simonita
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Simonita » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:01 pm

Just a quick "heads up" that the water company serving the VT area is now cutting off houses with unpaid water bills - about 4 houses in our village of Mindya so far.

The Poshte will only keep your water bill for about 30 days before sending it back to the company, so unless you are absolutely certain that you haven't missed one, you could be in the "firing line".

Gather that this action is only semi-legal, but it is happening anyway.

This is addition to EON leaving notices on the front of houses informing the local burglars that they haven't been able to gain access to read the meter so now would be good time to break in!

Simonita

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
fredatinsch
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby fredatinsch » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:38 pm

So far Simonita, this has not happened to me. The amount on the web site is the amount on the electric bill I receive at the post office when I go to pay. I pay the water at the same time. It must be a real pain trying to distance pay something.
I had seen the small E-on notices on a lot of gates, so that was what they were!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
eyebright
Super User!
Super User!

Postby eyebright » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:12 pm

I usually pay my leccy at the local PO. Usually I've checked online to see what it's going to be and so far all has been fine. If I miss a payment at the PO it's easy enough to go into EON in Gorna and pay it.

However the water is a bit different. Usually I pay at the PO when paying the leccy but once or twice I've missed the deadline at the PO. As I say no probs for the leccy just a quick trip to Gorna but the water office in Gorna used to be in the fruit market and has moved and I have no idea where to so I have been unable to catch up on any outstanding bills.

Does anyone know where the office for payment of water is now in Gorna? Hopefully I can get ther before they try to cut me off.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
fredatinsch
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby fredatinsch » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:22 pm

eyebright, would the person who reads the water know, you could google translate the question and get him to write the address down. I did this with our water, when we were trying to sort it out and got an address in Veliko Turnovo. If you get that I know someone in Gorna that will be able to tell us where it is. Tell you what I am in Gorna Friday will ask and let you know if I find out anything.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
eyebright
Super User!
Super User!

Postby eyebright » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:03 pm

I haven't seen the water reader man for a couple of months now. Guess the snow has been keeping him away.

I think there is still an office in Gorna someplace, at least I hope I don't have to go all the way to VT to pay in future if I miss.

Thanks Fredatinsch any info you can find out would be useful. I can get my grandson to ask the meter man next time he turns up as he speak perfect Bulgarian lol.

Return to “General Discussion”