SOLVIT BG

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

Oracle

SOLVIT BG

Postby Oracle » Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:36 am

An undoubtedly useful initiative of the EU Commission, set up as a tool for effective problem solving across EU countries and assistance to EU citizens, relocating to other EU member states to deal with the requirements of local legislation.

Comments have been thoroughly positive so far so I would suggest any member who runs into problems (healthcare, residency, car registration or in any other area, indeed, where Bulgaria is supposed to be applying EU legislation but isn't or at least not consistently or transparently) to seek advice and support at either http://ec.europa.eu/solvit/index.htm or locally at http://www.government.bg/cgi-bin/e-cms/ ... =000001&g=

Brandi

Postby Brandi » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:04 pm

It is an old topic but as it never did get much attention at the time of being posted, I thought I'd give it a bump.

dale21
Super User!
Super User!

Postby dale21 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:21 pm

My husband used SOLVE IT when he was 70 and had to re apply for his driving licence they were brill

Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:24 pm

I used SOLVIT (which I only found out about through these Forums) when my Wife was sent back to Russia to change a Type C to a Type D visa and in complete contravention of the EU Regulations on the Rights of Non EU Citizens married to EU Citizens.

SOLVIT did NOT address the main part of my complaint and only managed to get a part fix by saying that Bulgaria had been wrong to charge my Wife for the Type D visa and the NEXT time she is in Moscow, she can claim the money back!

Anyway, the reason that I am bringing this up is that I have just received and completed an on-line questionnaire as a former user of their services asking me what I thought about them. I am still angry and dismayed at the poor result I got from my complaint. It cost me a thousand dollars or more in airfares and loads in stress for the 21 working days it took to issue the new visa when, it wasn't even necessary to begin with.

Still, I would recommend anyone with EU/Bulgarian issues to use them as they're probably your best bet at getting something done.

Not enough 'folk' post about their successes with SOLVIT. I heard last year about someone who contacted them about separate registration for Trailers and Caravans in Bulgaria, (Bulgaria is not the only EU country to demand this), and the plaintive was told that Bulgaria had no right to do this, but I have heard nothing about this regulation having been or being changed in the future.

It would be nice to hear if anyone else has used them, for what reason and whether or not, they had a successful outcome.

kazz
<b>Country Advisor/Property Finder</b>

Postby kazz » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:48 pm

Hi MW,
Funny you should mention this as about a week ago a friend of mine was talking about the difficulties HIS Russian wife was having in coming to Bulgaria.
She'd been told she needed a D visa and a bank account in Bulgaria before she could get that.
The email from Solvit came within 2 days of his query, they quoted chapter and verse of the relevant regulations. When she phoned the Bulgarian embassy in Russia they folded like a pack of cards.
She will now be fast tracked for a FREE C visa.

It maybe that the service has improved since you used them or that they're more effective if used before the event.
Either way, the story made my day; this is Bulgaria so I take my victories where I can find them :lol:

Seedy
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Seedy » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:55 pm

Moscow_Wolf wrote:I heard last year about someone who contacted them about separate registration for Trailers and Caravans in Bulgaria, (Bulgaria is not the only EU country to demand this), and the plaintive was told that Bulgaria had no right to do this, but I have heard nothing about this regulation having been or being changed in the future.

Well this is certainly the norm in France, and has been for as long as I can remember (ie when they were towed behind chariots :wink: ). On the motorways you even get charged additional tolls - unless you are a GB and the trailer has the same number! :lol:

Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:09 pm

kazz wrote:Hi MW,
Funny you should mention this as about a week ago a friend of mine was talking about the difficulties HIS Russian wife was having in coming to Bulgaria.
She'd been told she needed a D visa and a bank account in Bulgaria before she could get that.
The email from Solvit came within 2 days of his query, they quoted chapter and verse of the relevant regulations. When she phoned the Bulgarian embassy in Russia they folded like a pack of cards.
She will now be fast tracked for a FREE C visa.

It maybe that the service has improved since you used them or that they're more effective if used before the event.
Either way, the story made my day; this is Bulgaria so I take my victories where I can find them :lol:

Well, there is a success story, but I'd like to think, that actions such as my own have made the Bulgarian Embassy think twice. I can't quote Seedy and his Ben Hur input otherwise, I'll end up in File 13, again. :lol:

kazz
<b>Country Advisor/Property Finder</b>

Postby kazz » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:25 pm

MW, I'm sure you're right. I guess that the more often people complain the more Bulgarian administration gets slapped on the wrists and over time they'll come to recognise that their relationship with the EU involves something more that accepting vast amounts of money and then loosing it :lol:

It's not that I'm an unqualified fan of the EU, but on the occasions where it can work in our favour let's make the best of it.

philcazreb

solvit

Postby philcazreb » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:23 am

will give it a try thanks

spantrout
Super User!
Super User!

Postby spantrout » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:08 pm

Does anyone know if SOLVIT helps with consumer rights? This is a problem with a BG company, seemingly stalling on consumer rights.

If SOLVIT is not the place to go to, then does anyone have info on any consumer rights people in BG. (i know a lot of you are now laughing, i would be too if it weren't happening to me)

Return to “General Discussion”