treatment of dogs in bulgaria ~ pt 2

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
kempa
Super User!
Super User!

Postby kempa » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:16 pm

I am an animal rights "loonie" and believe that it is all to easy to maltreat animals and that they have just as much rights in this world as we do. Weird eh? However I think if they are humanely destroyed then this puts an end to their suffering and by extension ours... I think it is all to easy to mistreat animals and that us (as sentient human beings) have a responsibility to treat animals - and to some -they are lesser beings - in a humane way...
Cheers
Kempa

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
chrisarvor
<b> Pool Supplier/Installer </b>

dogs

Postby chrisarvor » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:39 pm

Yes i am getting a goose to go with my curried dog for Christmas OOOOOOOh cant wait

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
mickw
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mickw » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:33 pm

Maybe someone could start up a Korean Restaurant, that would solve the stray dog problem.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Adolf
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Adolf » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:21 pm

they have just as much rights in this world as we do. Weird eh?

Yes, Kempa, very weird. The fact is that animals can't have rights. If they did you'd have really stupid situations like an animal rights activist pleading for a Tiger's right to bite the head off his trainer (or persecutor), or for damages in lieu.

If they had as much rights in this world as we humans, we wouldn't be able to rear them and then kill them and eat them at a time convenient to us.

The fact is that Man has been given dominion, more or less, over the animal kingdom, as the Good Book says.

What is clear to me is that mankind is under a duty to treat animals without cruelty or unnecessary suffering. It is equally clear that given the choice of saving a human life or an animal life, the human should come first.

I think that a street dog, with no food, at the mercy of the elements and every bigger, more vicious dog, speeding motor car, disease, or infestation is being caused unnecessary suffering. When dogs became domesticated we became their masters with all that goes with that.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
gushter
Super User!
Super User!

Postby gushter » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:46 pm

I would have thought the simplest way to deal with the stray dog problem in Bulgaria is to licence the hunting society in each district to be responsible for culling all the stray dogs.

As soon as a wolf or other predator comes anywhere near a settlement there are calls for the local hunters to go out and track down the animal as it is seen as a threat to livestock. In fact the stray dogs in and around Bulgarian settlements are a greater threat to livestock and more importantly people. There is far more reason to shoot the dogs than to shoot a wolf. Indeed many of the predations on livestock that are registered are just as likely to be from feral dogs as from wolves.

By giving the experienced sharp-shooters of the hunting societies the right and responsibility to control the stray dogs in their region, not only would the problem be dealt with in a quick and humane way, it would also give the local hunters something more worthwhile to do rather than slaughtering the region's wild fauna.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
mickw
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mickw » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:41 pm

It stands to reason, if animals had rights then humans would not be able to OWN one.

Mick

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
cherifa
<b>Prop Management/Transport/Sales</b>

Postby cherifa » Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:33 pm

Wild animals never kill for sport. Man is the only one to whom the torture and death of his fellow creatures is amusing in itself.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Joss
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Joss » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:03 pm

Well said Cherifa.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
MOD
<b>Be Generous & Give MOD a Home</b>

Postby MOD » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:07 pm

This topic is about the treatment of dogs, please keep to the topic.
Thanks, Mod 8)

Return to “General Discussion”