There is a thread on this somewhere but I can't find it Mod
Finally news on something that has been talked about for ages, putting all the companies on one electronic database, and what we have to do about this.
http://www.standartnews.com/en/article. ... icle=11082
"Some 300,000 Firms to Change Their Names
From January on, the Internet registration will take six minutes only
About 300,000 firms, i.e about one third of the companies in Bulgaria, should change their names next year. Their re-registration will start on January 2, 2008, in order that they are included in the Electronic Commercial Register. The firms with one and the same name will have to be renamed. They will differ in the name of the town or village in which they are registered.
For example, if there are three companies named Svetlina, the name of the town or village will be added to it. When the settlement is one and the same, too, the companies' name will be added a reference number, as well.
Filling-up the re-registration document on the Internet will take between 6 and 10 minutes. A sole proprietorship will pay a fee of 35 levs while the cost for a limited company will be 160 levs. There are about 1.4 million firms in Bulgaria. It is expected that some 400 of them will drop out of the list in the process of re-registration."
We are seeing our solicitor in the next week, so on behalf of all of us I will ask her about this. So I am starting a list of questions to ask here, please add to it if you can think of any good ones.
1. Does this mean every company has to do something about this?
If the answer to 1. is yes then...
2. If so what?
3. By what time does it have to be done?
4. What happens to property if you need to do something and it isn't done?
5. Can it be done from the UK?
6. Can it be done without a power of attorney?
7. Does it have to be done within the region that it was originally set up?
8. What documents do you need to do it on the internet?
9. Who can do this?
10. Do you need a password? If so, how do you get it?
11. How secure is this?
If she doesn't know I will ask her to find out and get back to us. It can take time to get information here.