neutering your own dog

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
tinkerbb2
Super User!
Super User!

neutering your own dog

Postby tinkerbb2 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:36 pm

Has anyone had their bitch spayed in B.g, our bitch has only had one season and the vet here says to wait until her second and then not travel for 2 months after. As she is young we don't know when her next season will be, so how long is a piece of string ?
We were a bit uncertain about having it done out there, are the vets as good, can anyone recommend a vet in the Elhovo region ?
Much appreciated

Tinker

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
lotti
Super User!
Super User!

Postby lotti » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:10 am

Hi Tinker
My bitch was spayed at 6 months due to health reasons. But I think its best to wait for the 1st season . She lived till she was nearly 13 years old If I was you I would have my dog spayed in BG it will save you a fortune in vet bills. I know Dannia has had her puppy done and she lives in the Yambol region . Why not send her a pm I'm sure she will share her experience with you .
Good Luck
Lotti

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:16 am

Bulgarian vets are competent. It might not be easy to find one who speaks English but invest a few leva in an interpreter.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Jude
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Jude » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:29 am

There is a very competent English speaking vet in Yambol. The surgery is very clean and modern - you shouldn't have any worries. Judi

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
millomgirl
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby millomgirl » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:08 am

Yeeks!! When I read the title of this posting, I had visions of someone standing there, with scalpel and forceps, doing a DIY job!! Thank goodness I got that one wrong - phew! By the way, does anyone know of a good English speaking vet in VT? Cheers. :oops:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
DANNIA
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby DANNIA » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:14 am

Hi Tinker
Lotti is correct, we recently had our 6 month old pup spayed in Yambol.
The vet is called Yanko and is gorgeous, and speaks English and what's more he cares about animals.
The process was very different from our Staffordshire Bull Terriers op in the UK.

Immy has been done before her first season, me and my friend Jayne, took both our dogs on the same day.
They were both given pre meds, and we were asked to walk them for about 20 minutes nearby the surgery, which is clean and modern as Jude says.
They were both then given their anaesthetic one after the other and we stayed with them in the surgery this time until they were under.
Me and Jayne went off for a coffee, and about an hour and a half Yanko called us to say they were ready.

The beauty of it, is that you are with the dog until it goes under, and there when they come round, they are not left there all day like my Staffie was.

Neither dog needed to wear a collar, as although there was a little irritation the first day, they did not touch their wounds.
After 10 days they were returned to have the stitches out.

The cost for the spay was but which also included a microchip insertion, and painkiller which lasts about 36 hours, was 123 leva.

Nikki

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
welsh-Vi
Super User!
Super User!

Postby welsh-Vi » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:31 am

Hi Nikki,
Could you give me contact details for your vet please and a rough idea of where he is in Yambol. The vet I have been using for the last 2 years is ok but doesn`t speak English.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
DANNIA
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby DANNIA » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:40 am

Hi Vi
Yanko is on Han Tervel Street which if you know where the Bre offices are, you go down that street (Preslav St, toward the direction of the Bulls statues on the bridge) keep on the Bre side and there is a 2nd road on the left which is cobbled.
Parking is outside.
The number is 046 661929
(I had to go in and ask at Bre where it was)

There is also Maria (where Yanko used to be in the old vets) on the outskirts of Yambol, who also speaks perfect English
046 664276

Nikki

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
welsh-Vi
Super User!
Super User!

Postby welsh-Vi » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:44 am

Thanks Nikki, I think I know where it is.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
nitwit
Super User!
Super User!

Postby nitwit » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:25 am

i also had a bit of a cringe when i saw your heading ,but pleased to be able to tell you we've had nothing but good experiences with vets in bulgaria ,well trained ,helpfull,clean and caring and affordable ,had both our tomcat and BG mut bitch done few months ago cost 90lev with no after problems ,this was in burgas ,can recommend them no problems they don't speak any english but we got by ok, can you imagine the hand gestures regarding type of prosedure required ???????????

Return to “General Discussion”