Bulgaria, a BIG mistake.

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Cameo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Cameo » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:36 pm

Hi Eme. I can understand why you feel like that, as there are a lot of people on here who do moan a lot, dont know why. But I just wanted to add my little bit, which is THAT I TOO LOVE 'YOUR BULGARIA'. Some of us did not come out here to make a quick buck out of buying up all your properties. Some of us came here because we loved the life style that you have here. Most of these people will probably like me be in their mid 50's, because the way Bulgaria is now is just like it was for us back in the 50's in the UK when we were kids. Life there was good, ideal to be honest, and life in Bulgaria now is just like that, and that is why we come here. I love the way neighbours want to help you out, with no thought of reward. I love the way children play innocently in the street, without no threats of either being abducted, or worse still, they hang around 'to do menace'. In my village, the children are just that, children. They play together, they laugh, and better still, they dont do any damage to their neighbours properties. And believe me, we had plenty of that back in the UK.

So please please Eme, dont think that we are all money grabbing, moaning, Brits. Some of us love it here. Its a great life, with wonderful people, and I have to admit that virtually all of the Brits I mix with are in the same mind as I am. We dont want to buy up a property then sell off at a profit. We want to buy a property and make it our home for a long long time. We too love 'YOUR BULGARIA' too, we love it very much. So please dont judge us all by the few 'moaning minnies' that you read about on here. Some of us............ well we just love the place.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Brandi

Postby Brandi » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:37 pm

B52 wrote: Brandi, we must be part of the optimistic 5%. Now, you’re generalising.

I tend to argue (in the best meant sense of the word) as opposed to generalising. However, coming from vastly different backgrounds we're probably both all too prone to committing the sin of "generalising".

Having said this, I am one hundred percent certain there is only a precious 5 percent of the British (including Commonwealth) migrants to Bulgaria who are now truly integrated, making an independent living, ejoying themselves AND feeling happy (outside the framework of ANY business having to do with other "ex-pats", their properties etc.). If you are amongst this small group yourself, let me know and I'll revise my statistics :lol:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
B52
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby B52 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:07 pm

No, Brandi, we're not ones that have come "to this previously unknown country to make money". Doesn't look as if Cameo is either. I know several people who wouldn't be caught dead on a forum who are in the same optimistic 5%.

You've changed the definition of that 5% but count us in, if you change the AND to AND/OR and allow that, after a year and a half, we can't be truly integrated.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Brandi

Postby Brandi » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:10 pm

Good news indeed :D

One does begin to despair reading this forum 8)

Stay in touch!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Cameo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Cameo » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:18 pm

When I read this forum, I often have a vision of several 'Victor Meldrews' sitting at their computers, moaning, whinging, and whining, about everything under the sun. Just like he did on the telly program, lol.

I just read the posts, and thank God that I am not married to these people! Gawd, can you imaging being married 24/7 to some of the whinging gits that post on this site.

Thankfully, they are only a small number of them. I would say that 95% of all the Brits over here just totally love the place. In fact they are so happy, that they dont take the time to even come on here and read the threads, cos they are getting on with living the life that they love.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Brandi

Postby Brandi » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:21 pm

What a beautiful post .....

PS: Now, brace yourself for taking it on the chin from the My Bulgaria hate brigade ....

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Cameo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Cameo » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:25 pm

Yep. Chin braced and ready to go. Mind you, I have closed 'me ears'. lol.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
millomgirl
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby millomgirl » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:25 pm

Cameo, I think you are right - I know several Brits living happily in Bulgaria, who never come on to this, or any other forum. I also know others who have holiday homes in BG, who are perfectly happy and don't feel the need to bother, either. But some people are never happy, no matter where they go or what they do, so you will always get the whingers. I personally love Bulgaria, and can't wait to get there full-time - warts and all! :lol:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Boyo

Postby Boyo » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:31 pm

Cameo
Loved your post regarding the Neg heads, they unfortunately attempt to make everybody as miserable as themselves and presumably their long suffering spouses.
Maybe they should start their own topic and they could then try to outdo each others with their painful experiences.
Maybe it could be called "the Neg Head Olympics."
Boyo

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Brandi

Postby Brandi » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:07 pm

Neg Head Olympics notwithstanding, Madonna is performing in Sofia tomorrow and I just REFUSE to be put down by thoughts of anyone's disagreeable spouses.

Sort them out or just get them to divorce you and keep enjoying life!!! 8)

Return to “General Discussion”