Importing goods from non EU Countries

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
johnbg
<b>Restaurant/Bar Proprietor</b>

Importing goods from non EU Countries

Postby johnbg » Mon May 04, 2009 2:30 pm

Does anyone have any knowledge of procedures and import taxes, to import goods from non EU countries?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
blackaqua
Super User!
Super User!

Postby blackaqua » Mon May 04, 2009 3:52 pm

Hi johnbg
The same process of import in BG is the same as any other EU country.
We import dive gear into the UK from Taiwan and some finds its way here, the easiest thing is to have it imported here depending on cost.
Some carriers do not come to BG and the delivery is costly, using a second carrier.
For delivering into the EU you need a pseudo turn number thats if you are not VAT reg.
Then you will need a forwarding agent who deal with the release of the cargo from the customs and deal with taxes and basically everything.
The forwarding agency will need all the documentation on the goods and the proforma invoice.
If you do this in the UK and bring them on into BG you will need a bonded ware house and declare and deduct taxes as you leave the UK and enter BG.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
eureka
Super User!
Super User!

Postby eureka » Mon May 04, 2009 6:28 pm

Has anyone any experience of importing something ( a car part ) via the postal system?

Is it "hit and miss" as to whether import duties and VAT will be payable, or is it more likely that every parcel arriving via the post from non EU countries will face examination?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
blackaqua
Super User!
Super User!

Postby blackaqua » Mon May 04, 2009 6:54 pm

We have samples come from Taiwan and the US and they are things like, masks, snorkels, dive knives etc, and the only problem I have is remembering my passport when picking up the box, all our post comes EMS which BG postal service is part of, we can track the items from source and in to BG. All the parcels are untouched, but do have a custom declaration on them. To date I have never been charged extra.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
eureka
Super User!
Super User!

Postby eureka » Mon May 04, 2009 7:13 pm

Thanks Blackaqua.

I'm hoping that's good news. I'm expecting a parcel sent through the United States Postal Service (car part bought on EBAY). I'm guessing that the customs declaration on the parcel will state what it is, and it's value ($290).

I really don't want to be hit for an extra bill for Duty and VAT. I'm hoping it will just be delivered as normal in the post, without any delay or added expense.

Return to “General Discussion”