Record High Temps & other unusual weather in BG, 2010

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
penbat
Super User!
Super User!

Record High Temps & other unusual weather in BG, 2010

Postby penbat » Wed May 26, 2010 5:01 pm

http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=116566

The thermometers in the central city of Veliko Tarnovo and the southern city of Pazardzhik hit record highs Wednesday – 31 and 31.2 degrees Celsius respectively.

Similar temperatures have been registered in Veliko Tarnovo in 1994 and 1909 when the mercury reached 30.9 degrees.

Over half of the measuring stations of the National Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology across the country have registered temperatures in the 29-30 degrees range.

The second largest city of Plovdiv and the Black Sea city of Burgas hit 30 degrees while Stara Zagora, Haskovo and Sandanski in southern Bulgaria – 29.

High temperatures were also measured in the northern cities of Vratsa, Montana, Pleven and Ruse and the capital Sofia.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Wed May 26, 2010 7:40 pm

I'm surprised that 30 degrees C is a record at this time of year to be honest. I had thought that April, May & June ought to be showing average temps of around 25 deg C. soaring up into the 40's during July & August.

This is what we have been waiting for and I am no going to complain just yet although my outdoor cold shower was exactly that - COLD and something was definitely hovering around my ears and it wasn't flies or mosquitoes.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Seedy
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Seedy » Wed May 26, 2010 7:43 pm

Moscow_Wolf wrote:and something was definitely hovering around my ears and it wasn't flies or mosquitoes.

You wear a toupée maybe? :wink:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Hoowster
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Hoowster » Thu May 27, 2010 6:16 am

From Sofia News.......

Bulgarians and visitors to the country are in for a scorcher at the last two weeks of June as the mercury is expected to zoom up to 40°C.

The month will end with beautiful summer weather after the torrential rains that flooded the whole country. Yet drizzles are still not ruled out.

There will be light wind along the Black Sea coast, where the temperature of the water is expected to reach more than 20В° C not earlier than the end of the month........

Off for a paddle! More news in the evening........

8)

Afternoon actually!!....Yes its true its officially Very hot!! Hotter than this time last year.....Thats why we are off the beach now BTW..... :wink:

8)

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Durak

Postby Durak » Fri May 28, 2010 1:04 pm

I have been backwards and forwards to Varna on six occasions in the past 5 months for varying lengths of stay and it RAINED every single day I was there.
Next week I drive again to Varna, and the forecast - SHOWERS!!!! bl**dy showers AGAIN :roll:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
livadalovely

Postby livadalovely » Fri May 28, 2010 3:57 pm

I have 2 separate thermometers, both different makes in the garden one in the sun one not, and today both registered temps of over 36C, woohoo, now we have a big thunder and lightening storm, shame its not dark boohoo!!!!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
booboo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby booboo » Fri May 28, 2010 6:10 pm

livadalovely wrote:I have 2 separate thermometers, both different makes in the garden one in the sun one not, and today both registered temps of over 36C, woohoo, now we have a big thunder and lightening storm, shame its not dark boohoo!!!!

LOL

You have you your very own micro climate. I bet you also see -30 in winter.... either your thermometers are WRONG or you need to report this right now and record a NEW record in Bulgaria for 28th May. My bet is on the thermometer(s) being wrong...sorry.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Liliana

Postby Liliana » Fri May 28, 2010 6:32 pm

booboo wrote:You have you your very own micro climate. I bet you also see -30 in winter.... either your thermometers are WRONG or you need to report this right now and record a NEW record in Bulgaria for 28th May. My bet is on the thermometer(s) being wrong...sorry.

Yeah right! Have you ever lived in Bulgaria booboo? The climate is unreal from -30 to +30 within months... Try it and see for yourself but bring your thermals and shorts :roll: :D

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
parkersd
Super User!
Super User!

Postby parkersd » Fri May 28, 2010 6:32 pm

Our thermometer registered 41C in full sun today,before the thunderstorm!! We are in a valley and very protected so that may be why we have regularly high temperatures.A friend told me that the glass reflects the heat on the therm & makes it hotter...any scientists out there who can explain?? :?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Fri May 28, 2010 6:44 pm

My workers told me that my outdoor (not in direct sun) thermometer was reading 37 degrees Celsius today. I had guessed that it was around the 30 mark. Then after the storm, it actually got quite chilly. It was hot enough for the new concrete to start cracking and required hosing down every couple of hours.

Return to “General Discussion”