Record High Temps & other unusual weather in BG, 2010

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
leedarkwood
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby leedarkwood » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:39 pm

We have the wood stove lit... :(

First day without rain for a week, but still cold.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
fredatinsch
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby fredatinsch » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:39 pm

Sorry mate but a welcome break for me.
We left a bucket out and had nigh on four inches of rain. We had to pump out the swimming pool, that didna please us, as we have just paid to fill the thing for the second time. But hey surely it was much too hot for June, more like August.
Never to miss an opportunity, we are painting the downstairs bathroom ceiling, sittingroom ceiling and the front bedroom, well I am! I try not to work against weather, look on it as a chance to do something else.
Hey remember how we moaned about the snow, the truck wouldna start, no heat in the hall.....
Liliana your beautiful summer will return, you wait and see......just so long as I can get my decorating done afor it does.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Tiarnan
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Tiarnan » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:52 pm

If this awful weather keeps up I,ll be loading up the car and driving back to Ireland. Had a jumper and a coat on today to walk the dog....need to train this mutt to walk itself. Is there any sign of an end to this. ?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Liliana

Postby Liliana » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:56 pm

fredatinsch wrote:Hey remember how we moaned about the snow

Exactly what I mean! After surviving through a vicious winter waiting for summer and then we get :(

Lee, just seen your post about the petchka having to be lit and I admit to being COLD in bed last night and had to get the throw back out!

Never been heard of anything of the like in June before.

Oh well roll on July eh? :lol: :lol:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
fredatinsch
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby fredatinsch » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:03 pm

Tiarnan - what about the poor dog, being dragged out in all weather just cos you need a walk!

Come on this want last, we will be sweating our b.... off in July you wait and see.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:25 pm

All in all, it is MISERABLE weather for the end of June. The shortest day, longest night, mid-summer solstice kind of passed by unnoticed. I even forgot Father's Day. The dogs do not want to go out, my workers are cold and have the Petchka going, but still, be positive and think of all the poor souls that have been flooded out.

I really do not care what the excuse is, global warming a myth or whatever, BUT, the world's weather patterns are all over the place and getting more extreme (in my opinion). Lets hope it can be a steady warm remaining summer although I'm told the wheat that didn't get harvested is ruined so, bread will go up. The MUD business is not so great either as everyone seems to have their own organic patch of late.

Can I get a refund on my sunglasses as they're superfluous at the moment. My Internet connection is rubbish and I can't seem to find a decent stream to watch the World Cup. Off to find some rope and a tree. :cry:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
andie
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby andie » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:30 pm

I have some rope !!! and I am sure there are many volunteers to help

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
weefrankie
Super User!
Super User!

Record high temps

Postby weefrankie » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:20 pm

Just having a quick look and it seems you lot are having some bad weather. Well it has been glorious here in Scotland, I was out in the garden last night till about 11.30pm having a nightcap enjoying the stillness of the Sutherland air and it was almost like daylight as so far north. I've not had my coat on yet and I will be leaving on Saturday so come to sunny Scotland!!

Wee Frankie :wink:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
mandyjeancole
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mandyjeancole » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:59 pm

Bumbershoots at the ready 8 days of rain from tomorrow ..or from experience from tonight..surely going to be the wettest summer on record ? MJC

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
DaveyBoy

Record high temps and other unusual weather - BG 2010

Postby DaveyBoy » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:21 pm

my wife and a group of friends have just got back from 5 days at ours which is just outside of Varna. the forecast was awful but in reality they sunbathed most of the time although they had heavy rain everyday in the late afternoon. When it did come down it was on a Biblical scale but they managed to get tans and make good use of the pool!
The pictures she took of the garden showed the grass (well grass/weed mix) looking far greener than I have ever seen it at anytime in the last 5-6 years since we bought!
I'm out in a weeks time so hope that things may have dried out a bit by then? Apparently the new pot holes in main Street Kranevo were full of water so very dangerous to drive through as the perils were submerged!!
Is there anything positive to say about the weather outlook??

cheers

Daveyboy

Return to “General Discussion”