Record High Temps & other unusual weather in BG, 2010

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
lyn
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby lyn » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:44 pm

We're not all having lots of rain. We're still having to water our garden each evening. :)

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:49 pm

BulgariaDiary wrote:
Agreed, but try getting it to part company with your spade!

I've forget about digging anything today and probably all week looking at the forecast (my spades still clean) but still had to go out in it to make sure animals well fed and dry. Not looking forward to 7pm and going to collect mummy goat from her days grazing. Bet shes even less happy at being out all day in this ran, if its the same tomorrow she stays home and so do I :?

Yes, MW, and digging up the mud-caked potatoes, without losing the 'babies'.

Hope you find some spuds cos its definitely roast dinner weather. UMMM bisto gravy :D

Completely off topic unless you count getting soaked on topic, but I read recently that Goats hate getting wet! :lol:

I estimate that it has rained for nearly 14 hours non stop over here on my Hill Top Mud House. Not always torrential, but never anything less than a dribble at times. My regulated land is elevated and slopes away down to the unregulated land, stream and bog down the bottom end, but the land around my caravan is completely saturated with pools of surface water just sitting there. This time last year, I was amazed at the size of the cracks that appear on the black earth road tracks, not this year though.

And, to add insult to injury, the UK is having even more HOT & Muggy weather over the weekend. :cry:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
DeeCee

Postby DeeCee » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:57 pm

Aw, lyn! I was up at 6.30 to go water the tomatoes and French beans ... by 7 am it was tipping down again, could've had a lay-in! :D Yes, it's hard on the animals, too! Mud, MW, squelchy as it comes. Whaddy you do? Wellies and Watch out for the mozzies later?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
DaveyBoy

Record High Temps - unusual weather BG 2010

Postby DaveyBoy » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:10 am

It's hard to believe the difference in weather between BG and UK! Another day in the south east at around 30 degrees and clear blue skies with more to come over the weekend, its been like it for weeks. I appreciate that other parts of UK have had strong winds and rain but this little corner is parched! Not much fun though donning a suit and getting on a train to central London and then busy overheated tube to Oxford Circus!!!
I'm in BG next week with some mates and for some it's their first time, will be such a shame if the weather carries on as it is!! The forecast on this site has Varna at 68 degrees and 'light drizzle', wow what a prospect!!
Does anyone out there know a reverse rain dance that they could try out???

cheers

Daveyboy

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
DaveyBoy

Postby DaveyBoy » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:10 pm

I can hardly contain myself, i have just looked at the 7 day forecast on this site and there are not one but two SUNS on there!!!! Thats the first time I have seen one for a couple of weeks!!!!
Fingers crossed that things are improving in BG!? It's been another scorchio day in Kent today, hitting 32 degrees at Brogdale near Faversham!! There are NHS warnings for hot nights to come and AA warnings about hundreds of thousands heading for the coast this weekend!!
All i want is a few days of sun in BG next week!

come on the sun!!

Daveyboy

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
BulgariaDiary
<b>Property Sales</B>

Postby BulgariaDiary » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:23 am

It took an awful lot of dancing in reverse to get those two suns to appear unfortunately this morning theres only one sun showing on the 7 day forecast. Will try dancing in the rain today, fingers crossed you get your couple of days sunshine, we could all do with it:wink:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:25 am

DaveyBoy wrote:I can hardly contain myself, i have just looked at the 7 day forecast on this site and there are not one but two SUNS on there!!!! Thats the first time I have seen one for a couple of weeks!!!!
Fingers crossed that things are improving in BG!? It's been another scorchio day in Kent today, hitting 32 degrees at Brogdale near Faversham!! There are NHS warnings for hot nights to come and AA warnings about hundreds of thousands heading for the coast this weekend!!
All i want is a few days of sun in BG next week!

come on the sun!!

Daveyboy

Have NO fear, I am so depressed with the turnabout differences between UK and BG weather that yesterday I dispatched a team of Roma to 'liberate' the Sun from Kent back here where it belongs. I'm expecting a rosier sunnier outlook sometime after the British Grand Prix. :wink:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
fredatinsch
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby fredatinsch » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:32 am

Such a shame about the weather for your hols. The only consolation is its na cold. Providing you have shelter, you can eat and drink, rest and read, down a pint or twa and stay dry. No sunbathing, and the pool is a chilly 20.
Enjoy yourself any how.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
DaveyBoy

Postby DaveyBoy » Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:16 pm

thanks guys your efforts seem to be showing signs of success, the 7 day forecast is now showing full suns for thursday and friday next week, could this be the break in the weather that we are all hoping for???
I guess that Moscow Wolfs sun hunting Roma's are still en route to Kent as still scorchio today, just back from the beach with the kids!!

Fingers well and truly crossed##

cheers

Daveyboy

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
pandasharka

Postby pandasharka » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:40 pm

We were last over 2 years ago in the summer and it was the normal 40C+ for 2 months with the customary thunderstorms in the evenings now and again.

S'funny despite the change in Government here in the UK the left overs of the Nanny State are still here. Friday the Met Office had all sorts of health warnings to the UK pop with a max forecast of maybe 30C?

In Bulgaria its the norm, ditto the icy winters that would paralyse the UK for ever.

All I can think is the rain in BG is good, can't wait to get over again in 2 weeks time and hopefully catch some hot weather with green not brown lawns and fields!

Return to “General Discussion”