So what do people do who have moved to Bulgaria??

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Nessie
Super User!
Super User!

So what do people do who have moved to Bulgaria??

Postby Nessie » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:34 pm

Hi tought i ask the question

What do people do who have moved to BG?? with their time?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
sue58

Postby sue58 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:05 pm

We thats my husband and I spent most of our time doing our garden some thing we have always done in england, but could`nt afford to buy the land we have here, in the uk. we have been visiting bulgaria since 1989 and we love the place, we don`nt go out much as we can not afford to but who needs to when we have such a big garden.and enjoy our own produce. we like to travel on the trains and visit different parts of BG its well worth doing and the trains are cheap. Sue and Graham.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
yankv8
Super User!
Super User!

What to do ?

Postby yankv8 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:28 pm

There can be so many things to do with your time,from looking after your garden and land,to renovating your property,then theres visiting or just out and about adventuring,so many places and new things to see,many historic and beautiful places.
There's also the many lakes and coast,not only here but Turkey,Greece or Romania.You can take up a new hobby you never had time for,or just lounge about,sadly many get into the routine of the 'local bar ' as its so hot and prices cheap compared to the UK,but without 'something to do ' that extra long holiday can get a little tedious or boring.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
fredatinsch
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby fredatinsch » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:28 pm

There is a saying.....money I have plenty time I have not.
There are not enough hours in my day. Up at 6.30-7.00 On to MyB and email then out with dogs back by about 8. Garden jobs, like weeding, tieing up and tidying up till 9.30. Off to get bread, papers, milk and medicine and any thing else that we have run out of.
11.00 what do you want to eat, bacon buttie or fried egg roll, cornflakes porridge...bacon buttie!!
12.00 various jobs around the garden and house. If its hot the house.
15.00 Siesta
16.30 catch up with email, if not done earlier and ofcourse MyB.
17.30 This can vary, truck needs a wash, so do the windows, washing and ironing, beds need a change, dusting hoovering, cooking and baking freezing and friends for coffee.
18.00 supper and then perhaps to the bar, or friends, the garden or pool, if its up and running!!!
20.30 TV and Internet
22.00 Me to bed and Leonard to watch TV for an hour or so.

There is watering, cutting grass, re-potting, freezing and preserving. What do you do - what do you mean what do I do.

My granddaughter bless her saw a Kit Cathson quilt and asked that being I was retired and had nothing to do would I make her a patch work quilt. I sent the money for a quilt!!!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Rainey280663
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby Rainey280663 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:43 pm

Thats what makes me come there time on your hands not chasing your tale like there in the uk, I am on my way soon, and looking forward to doing a lot more cooking, gardening, finishing our house off, decorating and making my own clothes and soft furnishings, have got a great dvd selection for in the snow, and just take life easy and mooch about at my own speed, if i get bored i will go for coffee with one of my bulgarian neighbours, I also want to explore the local area.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
fredatinsch
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby fredatinsch » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:53 pm

Hey Rainer280663, thats exactly the right attitude mate. Do what you want when you want, but you will still not have enough hours in the day!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
millomgirl
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby millomgirl » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:25 pm

This time of year, the garden takes up most of my day. Have a large orchard which needs weeding regularly. Growing my own veggies - courgette, cucumber, tomatoes, peppers etc.Potting seeds, watering ... all takes a lot of time. Have three dogs, so an hour's training with my GSD, Rufus, then a walk with the two spaniels. Chickens need looking after, mucking out etc, as does the rabbit. Preserving - at the moment, just strawberries, but soon will also be plums and apricots, as well as tomatoes. In between, I squeeze in a bit of cleaning, washing (forget the ironing!) and other stuff that needs doing.
In the winter it is a bit quieter, but still plenty to do, especially if we have a lot of snow and the pipes freeze. Then it's hours spent melting snow, cutting and fetching wood,and the many other things needed to keep body and soul together! I also like photography, so try and squeeze in some time to take my photo's. Oh yes, and then there's the computer.....! :lol:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Liliana

Postby Liliana » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:12 pm

What do people do? Well that may be the million dollar question :)

After leaving the 'rat race' working in the city (Manchester) for years under alot of stress and before I had a nervous breakdown or worse I gave it all up before it killed me!

So.. came to Bulgaria in 2006 and I must admit the boredom does set in sometimes.. nobody seems to have mentioned this so far but we all get it one way or another?

Winter!!! Oh my... so cold and debilitating but then I usually think that it's only a few weeks of the year (usually) but noooo.. It's really hard to pull through and most people at some point get minor illnesses and feel rather grotty which doesn't help. (I sound a real pessimist here but I'm not really!)

Someone else mentioned on this thread about going out but no money. When we arrived we were comparatively rich! Now it's touch and go.. keep our head above the water and worry about the WOOD for winter. ALL summer!!

It's not an easy life but worth the trauma and tribulations and at the end of the day me and mine are very happy :lol: :lol:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Dolishteduo

'Lilliana" What do people do when they move to Bulgaria

Postby Dolishteduo » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:09 pm

Hi Lilliana,
Sorry to hear things difficult at times for you over here.
You are not alone in this, we have also experienced the pinch lately.
We are living next door to 2 lovely people from Manchester we live in Dolishte, Varna.
We play a lot of online games in the Winter time to forget about how cold it is outside. In the Summer we have had an endless stream of family and friends to visit and it is great for us. It seems like a holiday for us too. We have a friend who has just bought property near us.
We go over to Avren some Sundays as they do a nice Sunday lunch at the Secret Garden. We also go over to see Gary at Gary's bar Klimentovo now he has been fixing the bar up after the fire.
I cook a lot of marmalade and generally naughty foods, mostly pies and cakes and of course curries which we all love.
We are a retired couple and so please ourselves about what we do each day.
The weather will soon cheer you up if it stays good.
Best wishes to you and yours
from Dolishteduo :D :D

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Runrig

Postby Runrig » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:58 pm

Retired and moved here and i spent the first couple of years here finishing the house and garden, oh my beautiful lawn, Yes boredom can edge its way in, Ive always tried to keep myself busy. did a coupe of jobs for people in metal and decided last year to really kick it off, Still not had the chance yet to see this country, keep meaning to travel but I dont know where my days go to, One thing I know, I work harder out here than I did in the Uk and I love it,

Return to “General Discussion”