Census in Bulgaria 2011

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
mosstod
Super User!
Super User!

census

Postby mosstod » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:48 pm

Our kmet only had 1 english copy so a young bulgarian from the village who speaks english filled in the bulgarian version, i seem to understand that if a form isnt filled in someone called the employer by the mayor of sredets will come to the house so i think i may have panicked for nothing, as in the end they will be filled in. its just that there is always a threat of a fine here whenever there is a procedure and we jump he he

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
rodz
Super User!
Super User!

census 2011

Postby rodz » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:49 pm

As I am the only English in my village (great) they seem to be having some trouble. Not because of me but because of the census. The census is for residensial houses not businesses. As all houses bought by people from other countries (cant spell Foriengers) am I to be included in the census. I have explained why Im a business and have downloaded the English version so now I what for them to sort it out. The other problem my house does not have a number

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
MOONLIGHT

Postby MOONLIGHT » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:16 am

Interesting to note the UK census forms for 2011 will be printed in 57 languages!
A family could be required to mark over 900 boxes!
(source Daily Mail )

regards.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Re: census 2011

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:29 am

rodz wrote:As I am the only English in my village (great) they seem to be having some trouble. Not because of me but because of the census. The census is for residensial houses not businesses. As all houses bought by people from other countries (cant spell Foriengers) am I to be included in the census. I have explained why Im a business and have downloaded the English version so now I what for them to sort it out. The other problem my house does not have a number

Not sure that I am following your drift here. If, as I suspect, you mean that your HOUSE is owned in the name of a business (as most of us), it makes NO difference to the census form as it is covered in the part about dwellings, privately owned, rented accommodation, company owned (or words to that effect although the English translation of this part is ambiguous in my opinion. To fully understand it, we had to read the Bulgarian language version). The important word in Bulgarian is 'Juridical' meaning owned by a LEGAL Entity in my interpretation.

Now, if you are saying that you only have a BUSINESS in Bulgaria then, I do not understand (perhaps I'm thick) how that affects the census as this is about your place of abode in Bulgaria whether rented or owned or, that is how I perceive the census.

Ps. my house does not have a number or a street name, it is not a problem, just put your village name and postcode.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
theweeton
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby theweeton » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:28 am

seathrift wrote:Reading this form and that form is all too much trouble for me. I shall just wait till they knock at the door and solve any problems that may arise when they happen.

Worked for me. Knock knock 3 ladies, 2 I knew (one acting as a guide from the mayors office the other a spy from the "baba's coffee club")and an interpreter who spoke good english.

We spent five minuets explaining there was no point takeing their boots off. and another 5 minuets of me saying I have no idea and the 2 babas nodding their heads in agreement and scribbling on the form.

Job done not even the need for a second cup of expresso

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:33 am

Streets in villages have names. Usually the only person who knows the name of the streets is the surveyor (now probably long dead) who assigned the street names.

Postal address of full name plus village name plus postcode is always enough !

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
B52
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby B52 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:22 am

I thought that the only place where street and number are requested is on the front page and that is filled in by the census taker without input from the residents.

Everything was straightforward when the census taker, our local postmistress, came although there was some discussion over Q5 on Dwelling as to whether it meant the footprint of the dwelling or the sum of the floorspace of each of the interior rooms. We bowed to her interpretation, the latter, although we would have thought the former.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
bgcarl
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby bgcarl » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:16 pm

I was uncensored so, wanting to avoid the fine, I went to see the mayor this morning. He did it over the phone in about 2 minutes, "All done." He said, with virtually no input from me. Ah well, the most difficult bit, as usual, was trying to get out of the mayors office without drinking huge amounts of alcohol.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Inge

Postby Inge » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:50 pm

We had a rather unpleasant experience in VT yesterday and it looks like it is continuing today. An elderly couple turned up on our doorstep showing us their lichna carta but not any indication of who they represented. They could not speak English so I phoned my translator who after explaining who she was the couple refused to speak to her but asked repeatedly to be let in to speak to a person unknown to us. They were extremely rude
Today, the person they wanted turned up and told us these people represented the census but he had not seen any ID to that effect from them either, and that they wanted to come in and look at the house and check how many rooms we had, our square meterage and our heating system etc. This does not seem like a regular census to me and I didnt let the people in.
Anybody got any suggestions. Does it look like we are in for a fine?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
DANNIA
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby DANNIA » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:10 pm

Inge wrote:We had a rather unpleasant experience in VT yesterday and it looks like it is continuing today. An elderly couple turned up on our doorstep showing us their lichna carta but not any indication of who they represented. They could not speak English so I phoned my translator who after explaining who she was the couple refused to speak to her but asked repeatedly to be let in to speak to a person unknown to us. They were extremely rude
Today, the person they wanted turned up and told us these people represented the census but he had not seen any ID to that effect from them either, and that they wanted to come in and look at the house and check how many rooms we had, our square meterage and our heating system etc. This does not seem like a regular census to me and I didnt let the people in.
Anybody got any suggestions. Does it look like we are in for a fine?

Taken from the British Embassy site in Sofia

How can I be sure the person at my door is really from the Census?

Official interviewers may visit between 8am and 8pm, any day including weekends, between 10th and 28th February. They will have a photo card with an ID number. If you have any doubts you can check their identity by calling the Census Helpline (0700 16 310).

Nikki

Return to “General Discussion”