has Bulgaria been a strain on you ?

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

Tiarnan
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Tiarnan » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:12 pm

What would the Unions have to do with it. ? Surely their job is to protect their members....and by extension the rest of society. My worry is that unions are so weak throughout Europe that they,ll have no impact at all. Lets hope I,m wrong but I,ve saw little in Ireland that would show any militancy by unions and I don,t think it will be much different across the sea. More is the pity.

Simonita
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Simonita » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:34 pm

Tiarnan wrote:What would the Unions have to do with it. ? Surely their job is to protect their members....and by extension the rest of society.

Blimey! Yes, things are very different over the sea. :lol:

tats

Postby tats » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:35 pm

i agree with moody blue, i am in uk at the mo and i am hating it. Yes bulgaria has had its moments but i am so happy to have left the uk. Only 3 weeks left of watching rude ignorant youngsters, listening to all the doom and gloom on the news, watching a traffic warden break the land speed record to put a ticket on my car b*****d and paying for one round of drinks that would have me s***faced all weekend in my village. I am so glad that i have the chance to bring up my 1 year old daughter up away from all this. You have challenges thrown at you from all directions but untill bulgaria reaches the sorry state that the uk is in i will call it my home

eyebright
Super User!
Super User!

Postby eyebright » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:40 pm

Yes Hoowster I was aware that the car factory had pulled out of Bulgaria.

When a Japanese company opened in Scotland my ex husband was in at the start, similar problems arose there between Japanese management and Scottish staff. It took an awful lot of determination and building of new 'relationships' between staff and management before it finally started to run smoothly.

Whether it was lack of determination, or finances or both on the part of Renault that they decided to pull out I really don't know but I suspect the Bulgarian attitude to work (ie you pretend to pay me I pretend to work mentality) took too much of both in the end. Scottish workers (no trumpet blowing intended) are known for their positive attititude towards hard work so maybe some objects just proved to be too unmovable and some hard places just too hard for Renault in the end.

Mat
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Mat » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:41 pm

Hmmm, Renault bought Dacia, a Romanian car company with massive capacity. I can't imagine your average Romanian worker is any better or worse than the average Bulgarian and corruption and other problems are broadly similar. It makes no sense to have facilities in both countries - something that many companies have determined - and the logical choice will always be Romania given its size.

Otherwise Bulgaria has been a terrible strain on my relationships (I think I'm on the right post) - my latest girlfriend has left me because, as she puts it, there are too many beautiful Bulgarian women who want a rich foreigner and its understandable that I am not able to settle with just one. Its a fair point. She says that if we were in England I wouldn't even get to look at her, she is so beautiful. This is also a fair point. However, I helpfully remind her that she is not in the UK, she's in Bulgaria. Then she throws things at me and walks out.

stewarty
drunken lout

Postby stewarty » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:56 pm

Mat wrote

Otherwise Bulgaria has been a terrible strain on my relationships (I think I'm on the right post) - my latest girlfriend has left me because, as she puts it, there are too many beautiful Bulgarian women who want a rich foreigner and its understandable that I am not able to settle with just one. Its a fair point. She says that if we were in England I wouldn't even get to look at her, she is so beautiful. This is also a fair point. However, I helpfully remind her that she is not in the UK, she's in Bulgaria. Then she throws things at me and walks out.

I sympathise for you Mat, its an obvious strain for you living in Bulgaria :)

stewarty

Mat
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Mat » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:58 pm

Thank you. Its a daily struggle.

Chippy
<b>Building Services</b>

Postby Chippy » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:02 am

Mat wrote:Hmmm, Renault bought Dacia, a Romanian car company with massive capacity. I can't imagine your average Romanian worker is any better or worse than the average Bulgarian and corruption and other problems are broadly similar. It makes no sense to have facilities in both countries - something that many companies have determined - and the logical choice will always be Romania given its size.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

whizz
Super User!
Super User!

Has bulgaria been a strain on you

Postby whizz » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:46 pm

Pity she is such a lousy shot!!!!!

siddy
Super User!
Super User!

has Bulgaria been a strain on you

Postby siddy » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:50 pm

kazz wrote:
Oh well Its Bulgaria. But fellow Expats..... sometimes dont you just look around and say "OH my God the wasted & stiffled POTENTIAL!!"

Oh Yes....and the damaged people. Individuals who I'm sure started out as decent folk, or who could have become so....all twisted out of shape by the belief that anyone who can do so will rip you off, the best you can do is get yours in first...

Folks we'd really have liked to be friends with; could have done business with, but they just can't bear to be honest even when truth would serve better than a lie which is bound to be uncovered and just p***s peopl
Oh how true.
When i was making up my mind wheather to leave or stay this was on my list. The reasons to leave far exceeded the reasons to stay.
We left after 5 years and i have not regreted a moment. I have to go back soon for business reasons and not looking forward to it one little bit.

Return to “General Discussion”