have you lit your fire yet?

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
kazz
<b>Country Advisor/Property Finder</b>

Postby kazz » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:36 pm

Cavador....do you have blood or antifreeze in your veins?!

So...did it tonight; just a little one and we won't be feeding it up much but the fire is lit!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
stevetheyorky
Super User!
Super User!

Postby stevetheyorky » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:56 pm

Good grief

Been in shorts and t shirt all day and at nearly 11 I still am. FIRE FIRE what is the matter with you people if we ever had weather like this in the UK it would be called high summer.

there are no duvets on the bed yet and certainly don't expect any heating to be on until November at the earliest

Steve

Swam in the pool today too but probably for the last time this year

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
kazz
<b>Country Advisor/Property Finder</b>

Postby kazz » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:16 pm

If the 'yorky' of your name is Yorkshire I'd expect you to be more hardy than us Southern types!
I agree about the days....glorious, but the nights are getting cool and if a fire makes the house more cosy....why the heck not?!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Hippyboy
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Hippyboy » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:56 pm

Yeah . Personally i like cosy , and the petchka does the trick . I only put one piece of wood on at a time to keep it going so it doesn't break the bank . Tim .

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
sandra2dogs

fires

Postby sandra2dogs » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:23 am

i lit my fire last night so radiator in guest room is hot, cos found a bit of damp & having aquaseal stuff put on walls & it needs drying out so it can be done twice more, but its very hot & ive turned rads off in my bit, the guest room is a separate part of same building with its own door, but the cat loves the heat shes laid on settee smiling, ive still my summer quilt on as bedroom always seems warm enough, my granddaughter & boyfriend are over here on hols this week saying weres the sun you promised nan, its dull & cool today, hope it bucks up for them as uk has been a bit rainy, & weve had it so hot here, pity we cant spead heat out a bit, a little less in summer but for longer, we never satisfied eh? sandra

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
starby
<b> Pool Supplier/Installer </b>

Postby starby » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:17 pm

No fire yet and still have light quilt on bed. Was warm and sunny when we left St Vlas this morning (stayed with friends). It has cooled down since last week and you can feel it when you stop moving about.
Will be great if it stays like this until November, the shorter the winter the better.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
millomgirl
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby millomgirl » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:56 pm

Petchka lit at lunchtime. Feeling cold, damp and miserable outside, so nice and cosy and warm in here. :lol:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Liliana

Postby Liliana » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:19 pm

Still no petchka and still the autumn duvet/throw but just thinking I may not bother with the 'mozzie' machine tonight. Tried it last week but got the usual bites! Definitely getting a nip in the air today. Yesterday started cold morning then really hot in the afternoon sun and cold at night! Just getting over a cold from the UK so don't want the Bulgarian lurgie also..... :lol: :lol:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
bgcarl
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby bgcarl » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:01 pm

Still haven't lit the fire yet, although I did double up on quilts last night, very cosy this morning. No-one wants to be the first to light the fire in my village, but I know my landlady, Dida, is about to crack and with temperatures with windchill forecast to be -1C tomorrow night, I'm sure the smoke will be rising.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

BGCarl

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
mariko
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mariko » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:01 am

:roll: Lit our fire last night. Wearing my fleecy pyjamas. Got out our 2 hot water bottles, thermal vests and socks and are now ready for the real cold.

The problem is I think we have grown a bit soft, but its so very hot in Summer and then whoosh the temperature drops so quickly and not only that where we live we always have this very cold wind which makes it feel more cold. In summer we do not even get a gentle cooling breeze Winter the chill factor.

Mariko

Return to “General Discussion”