EON, extra charge for companies.

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
lizandy

EON, extra charge for companies.

Postby lizandy » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:59 pm

We have had a letter from EON that as our account is in a company name they are increasing our charges from 1st November.

Has anyone else had a letter. Is it possible for us Brits to have the electric as a normal domestic customer.

Andy

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Tiarnan
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Tiarnan » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:12 pm

We "sort of" got the same letter today....a letter was delivered aparently teling the same story....but turns out the clever people at Eon have sent us someone elses letter. No doubt there will be one on its way to us soon.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
fredatinsch
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby fredatinsch » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:43 pm

Had heard that the electric will rise by 20% and that we may or may not be informed. Think the increase comes into effect November. So the bill you get January may or may not be 20% higher.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
weefrankie
Super User!
Super User!

EON extra charge for companies

Postby weefrankie » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:18 pm

I changed from Company name to my name some time ago, I cant remember if there was a charge or not. I know I paid to have my meter changed so that I could take advantage of the cheap night time rates. Frieda I checked on EON today for my bill and it is for September, so a month in arrears not two, maybe it's different if you are under company name.

Wee Frankie

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Hippyboy
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Hippyboy » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:38 pm

I recently bought a small 'studio' in an old house in VT , and as nobody had lived there for years Eon told me it would take about a month to get electricity connected . My agent , who was with me at the time , subsequently told me that they will only connect me in my company name at the commercial rate . She argued with Eon that it was a small residential premises , but they said that the only way around it was for me as sole director to make a notarised agreement with me myself , to allow me myself to use the property for purely residential purposes . She reckoned that this could potentially open a can of worms , and was best avoided . Freda , are the 20% increases you mention for everybody , or just for companies ?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
millomgirl
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby millomgirl » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:48 pm

They are just for companies, which means that every non-Bulgarian who owns a house with land will have to cough up the extra! :?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
mememe
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mememe » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:10 pm

I have my electricity supplied by CEZ in the west of BG and resurrected an old, former supply account on the property after about 10-15 years of it having been disconnected.

I had no problems in getting CEZ to reconnect me in my own name with minimal fuss and have to say that they have also been extremely helpful whenever I have visited their office.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
mariela
Super User!
Super User!

eon extra charge for companies

Postby mariela » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:27 pm

How do you change your electricity account into your name instead of company?

is it an easy process?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
parkersd
Super User!
Super User!

Postby parkersd » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:18 pm

We are with EON and changed our account to our private name rather than the company,last year. We just went to the EON office in Dobrich where they were very helpful,filled in a form requesting exactly what we wanted along with our address & it was changed over automatically...we already had the digital meter. No cost,no hassle and much cheaper electric :D

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Hippyboy
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Hippyboy » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:42 pm

The account for my cottage 25km from VT is in my name , however EON are now refusing to connect the place I've just bought in VT in my name , insisting that the account has to be in my company name . Maybe this is their latest policy ? Tim .

Return to “General Discussion”