WooHoo Its snowing :)

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Dreanas
Super User!
Super User!

winter in BG and UK

Postby Dreanas » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:46 am

The difference between winter in BG and UK is that, being up here in the Rhodopes, even when it snows we usually have bright sunny days. One of the most beautiful sights is the rainbow colours in the snow created by the refraction of the bright sunshine on the snow crystals. sheer magic

:D

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
mike4727
<b>Property Management</b>

Postby mike4727 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:43 am

24c here yesterday on the coast just south of Varna, 21c right now at 10.30am and heading for another winter scorcher. Beach BBQ on the cards for this afternoon :lol:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:48 am

I can recall recent winters in BG when there was no snow until after Christmas (Shumen/Dobrich areas). I remember one in particular when we ate outside on 24 or 25 December.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
booboo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby booboo » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:09 am

Very true. Recent years (including this November so far) its been very mild until January. Obviously there are the odd cooler days but that's been the pattern.

Last year there were constant new record highs for each relevant day, and this November has already seen new record highs even over last year.

The world is screwed, another 50 or 60 years will see some dramatic changes I reckon, and they will have a way bigger effect than simply making it a bit warmer. But I and most people on here today will not be on this Earth by then so who cares. Therefore it aint MY problem. Now where is that old fridge foam I had, I need to get a fire burning well....

:twisted: :roll:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
LUCI
Super User!
Super User!

Postby LUCI » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:23 am

topsy turvey weather! we rushed over to Gutsal beginning of october to drain the house down expecting frost and snow and its +11 in Sofia today and we are forecast for -7 tonight and we have 16 inches of snow and rising here in Northumberland ...gggrrrrrrr

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
lyn
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby lyn » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:33 am

Luci, you did the right thing. Although warm(ish) in the towns, there is snow to a very low level in the Rilas. It is not particularly heavy, but is certainly lower than in previous years at this time.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
LUCI
Super User!
Super User!

Postby LUCI » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:36 am

yes better safe than sorry! we knew we couldnt get over much this winter so prepared early! but it was really cold in early October and we thought winter had started! but then it seemed to go back to warmer temps again - i think i need to move to the caribbean!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
brianj42
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby brianj42 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:50 am

Bansko webcams show a smattering on the slopes, but not enough for the grand opening on the 11th Dec. I presume the snow cannons will be going full blast for the next fortnight. The town itself is mild and dry.

But then again, this does tend to be the case in Bansko up until xmas New Year so there is still hope.

http://www.banskoslopes.com/bansko_web_cam.asp

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
markie1969
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby markie1969 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:11 pm

we had our first snow last year on 18th November but this year not a flake and forecasts just predict rain!!!! still gave me planty of time to finish garden n pool n wood bunk looks like itll hold up at this rate! still, fret not IT will come!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
PCVrach

Snow in the UK

Postby PCVrach » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:57 am

Nov 2010. Couple of feet of snow in the UK and building up now, currently 1M here in Sheffield 8O

Meantime in Bulgaria is 21 degrees (according to a mate still out there?)

Have just come back so I believe him!

Hope you are all enjoying the weather? :D

Hello booboo, thanks for the greeting and your assistance :oops: :)

At least I have some home-made Rakia thanks to my kind neighbour (sadly no longer with us :cry: ) :D

Return to “General Discussion”