Living On 400 Leva A Month

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
MOD
<b>Be Generous & Give MOD a Home</b>

Postby MOD » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:38 am

keninski wrote:Hello
Most of the posts date back to when the £ was strong against the lev,so now its a non starter

Keninski

??? This topic was only started yesterday! ???

8O

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
keninski
Super User!
Super User!

Postby keninski » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:50 pm

Glad someone is awake ha ha
well done MOD

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
siddy
Super User!
Super User!

living on 400 lv a month

Postby siddy » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:08 pm

scot47 wrote:Mat is playing his usual role as apologist for the Status Quo. I wonder what his monthly take home is !

Its non of your business.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:15 pm

He is a public servant and paid by the EU taxpayer ! And besides I am nosey and jealous !

When he makes public statements about teachers' salaries we should look behind his motives !
Last edited by scot47 on Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
doberden
<b>Property Sales/Rental/Management</b>

Postby doberden » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:24 pm

I have to agree that living on 400 a month must be very tight.

my electric bill is rarely less than 200 and in the winter is between 350 and 400 a month.

I find supermarkets are expensive here so Asda kindly send me most food except meats :lol:

Still seem to spend a fortune on other bits and if your doing your house up, the materials are astronomical these days.

A small extension doing most of it myself has come out over 3000 levs in materials alone.

Happy days and if living on 400-500 a month is possible congratulations.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:35 pm

doberden wrote:I have to agree that living on 400 a month must be very tight.

my electric bill is rarely less than 200 and in the winter is between 350 and 400 a month.

I find supermarkets are expensive here so Asda kindly send me most food except meats :lol:

Still seem to spend a fortune on other bits and if your doing your house up, the materials are astronomical these days.

A small extension doing most of it myself has come out over 3000 levs in materials alone.

Happy days and if living on 400-500 a month is possible congratulations.

Well Off Topic, but I might just get away with it....... time for you to look at your insulation or, your immersion heater as that is a lot of dough your spending on TOK.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Mat
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Mat » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:49 pm

scot47 wrote:He is a public servant and paid by the EU taxpayer ! And besides I am nosey and jealous !

When makes public statements about teachers' salaries we should look behind his motives !

I am not a public servant. I am a cynic though. And my monthly salary is entirely dependent on me, includes no benefits or pension and is frequently zero. I can't say I'd swap with a Bulgarian teacher but relative to their Bulgarian peers they are probably not badly off at all.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Cavador

Postby Cavador » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:15 am

I have been living in Bulgaria for three years now and on average i have been living on 400 Lev every month and found it quite easy. I have never wanted for any thing and have had in general a great time. Maybe my lifestyle wouldn't suit everybody, but i am content and my needs are not many. My monthly outgoings are:

Rent 135 Lev
Electric 16 Lev
Water 3 Lev
Internet 30 Lev
Food, clothing, toiletries, extras 216 Lev

I walk or cycle everywhere, i don't own a car, i go out maybe twice a week with my friends and have a good time. Bulgaria has taught me that you can be happy and content without the need of material things and money, i have become fitter, eat healthily and i believe become a better person. I choose to live this way and it's a lifestyle i enjoy.

Cheers.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:54 am

A single person might do it, but someone with dependants ? Children ??

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
theweeton
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby theweeton » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:14 am

scot47 wrote:A single person might do it, but someone with dependants ? Children ??

The problem with a couple living on 400 is that one of them is usually a woman :wink:

Return to “General Discussion”