Leaving the UK sinking ship

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
shebry
Super User!
Super User!

Postby shebry » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:05 pm

theweeton wrote:
houseman wrote:I sympathise completely! If you haven't already done so, why not send this example to Mr Cameron who says he is going to clamp down on this idiocy.
](*,)

I voted with my feet (or to be more precise and on topic the ferry) once a country goes down the route of micromanaging health and safety its time to bale out.

Excuse me for asking, but what have these postings got to do with Haggis and Suzi leaving Scotland's sinking ship and setting up a future in Bulgaria

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
houseman
Super User!
Super User!

Postby houseman » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:45 pm

shebry wrote:
theweeton wrote:
houseman wrote:I sympathise completely! If you haven't already done so, why not send this example to Mr Cameron who says he is going to clamp down on this idiocy.
](*,)

I voted with my feet (or to be more precise and on topic the ferry) once a country goes down the route of micromanaging health and safety its time to bale out.

Excuse me for asking, but what have these postings got to do with Haggis and Suzi leaving Scotland's sinking ship and setting up a future in Bulgaria

Speaking for myself, it is about whether they would be better advised not to risk jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire. :)

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
waterlillie

Postby waterlillie » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:49 pm

Scott my post was not targetted at you at all. Sorry if you thought it was.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Haggis

Postby Haggis » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:01 pm

Well you wont put me off leaping out of the frying pan into the fire.......Why......because I am fighter through and through, oh and I have burnt myself so many times welding that fire don't hurt me much nowadays anyway :D :D

I ain't staying in this damp dismal and stupid country a minute longer than I have to. As much as I love Scotland its only the people and the scenery. The weather is crap. The powers that be are crap. The laws are crap

So the challenge of moving to BG where from what I have read so far its the same as here but with better scenery and weather, is something I will just have to overcome

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:20 pm

.......and come to a country where people work for 200 Euros a month

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
trish1

Postby trish1 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:05 pm

Nikki's great post on page 12 of this discussion got us thinking inasmuch that after 3 yrs we have took our house here off the market (not a good time to sell anyway) and have decided to rent it out to cover mortgage and rates. we are still planning to move to BG start of May when hubby gets early retirement in March but this then curtails the amount of capital we will have to buy a house but it does give us a get out claus if all goes pearshape

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
trish1

Postby trish1 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:06 pm

Nikki's great post on page 12 of this discussion got us thinking inasmuch that after 3 yrs we have took our house here off the market (not a good time to sell anyway) and have decided to rent it out to cover mortgage and rates. we are still planning to move to BG start of May when hubby gets early retirement in March but this then curtails the amount of capital we will have to buy a house but it does give us a get out claus if all goes pearshape

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
tandt
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby tandt » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:47 pm

Hi Haggis. I don't think you have mentioned children - do you have any ? If you are taking children to Bulgaria, their needs must be taken into consideration. If you don't have children, then I don't see any reason not to move to Bg - what's the worst that can happen ? Even if you only last a year or two, at least you will have had an adventure ! Make sure you save money for a flight home, though - some people on this forum have come unstuck and had to accept charity to get back to the U.K.
All the best,
Trev.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Haggis

Postby Haggis » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:25 pm

Nope no kids, not now not never. Just 3 dogs but only 2 will make the trip. One is too old being 18 n all

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Anni
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Anni » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:48 pm

In which case (being a dog lover) can I suggest you make sure that you will be able to repatriate the dogs back to the UK in the event that things don't work out.

Many people have had to leave their animals in BG because they weren't able to do this.

I'm just one of the "soppy gits" who would struggle to leave my pet behind :lol:

Return to “General Discussion”