COULD RIOTS IN NORTH AFRICA/MIDDLE EAST SPREAD TO BULGARIA

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
gordonroy43
Super User!
Super User!

COULD RIOTS IN NORTH AFRICA/MIDDLE EAST SPREAD TO BULGARIA

Postby gordonroy43 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:56 pm

Your opinion on if the riots in north africa and middle east could spread to BULGARIA of COUNTRIES close to them, the issues seem to be high costs and lack of income to but houses/food/ect.

Correct me if i am wrong.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Anni
Super User!
Super User!

Re: COULD RIOTS IN NORTH AFRICA/MIDDLE EAST SPREAD TO BULGAR

Postby Anni » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:15 pm

gordonroy43 wrote:Your opinion on if the riots in north africa and middle east could spread to BULGARIA of COUNTRIES close to them, the issues seem to be high costs and lack of income to but houses/food/ect.

Both Tunisia and Egypt were/are a non-democratic society. And while the reasons given in the press are to do with high costs and lack of income, much of the problem also appears to be similar to what happened when the Berlin Wall fell.

Well that is what my Egyptian tenants told me the other day when I spoke to them about it.

Is it likely to spread to BG? Who knows - the way a lot of people are feeling in the UK at the moment, there is maybe just as much likliehood of "trouble at'mill" on our own streets.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
sandra2dogs

eygpt riots

Postby sandra2dogs » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:34 pm

my grandson & girlfriend live in London & he said theres been trouble there & my daughter in UK, said theres been some trouble in Manchester to, because like us being in BG there are allsorts of diffrent nationalities everywhere in the world, my daughter & partner are on holiday in Eygpt at the moment im hoping & praying they are safe, she text to say they were fine it was lovely etc, a couple of days ago but i wont be happy till their home again, but i think people everywhere deserve decent incomes, homes, hospitals, schools etc especially when they work for it like we have all our lives, sandra

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Simonita
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Simonita » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:49 pm

Can't see any obvious reason for the rioting to spread to BG. They went through all this in 1989-90.

Risk in Egypt probably depends on where your relatives are. I understand that (with Israeli agreement) Egyptian troops have moved into the de-militarised Sinai peninsular to guarantee order round Sharm el Sheikh, for instance.

So far the Egyptian army and police seem to be disciplined and restrained - they're just not taking sides!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Mat
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Mat » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:18 pm

gordonroy43 wrote:Correct me if i am wrong.

Yes, you are wrong.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
banjo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby banjo » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:50 pm

I cannot see any spill over to Bulgaria, after all is it not the case in 1989 when the communists regime fell that it was a peacefull handover. :)

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
rainman
<b>Property Management/Rentals</b>

Postby rainman » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:04 pm

gordonroy43 wrote:Your opinion on if the riots in north africa and middle east could spread to BULGARIA of COUNTRIES close to them, the issues seem to be high costs and lack of income to but houses/food/ect.

No way

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
gordonroy43
Super User!
Super User!

SIMONITO - MATT

Postby gordonroy43 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:06 pm

First your comments about the police are wrong the army is correct, the police caused a lot of bad feeling beating them, this is why they have gone into hiding.

Matt you failed to explain why ?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Mat
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Mat » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:15 pm

On the grounds that it couldn't be more obvious - one country is under a de facto dictatorship with basically sham elections, most people are grindingly poor with little prospect of getting better, the police act with impunity and there is no rule of law. And the other is Egypt.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Tiarnan
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Tiarnan » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:04 pm

....not a lot of real democracy anywhere.....thought it funny how this week "world leaders" are so concerned about Egypt....last week they did,nt give a fiddlers.

Return to “General Discussion”