Who is sick of the snow?

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
theweeton
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby theweeton » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:50 pm

varnagirl wrote:
lyn wrote:
varnagirl wrote:"Who is sick of the snow? "

me..... :cry:

Come and stay with us then! :lol:

careful what you wish for ....or offer ...... 8)

I am not sick of the snow but if you make a nice indian curry or have a local curry house with an indian chief I may take you up on your offer :D

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
seathrift
Super User!
Super User!

Postby seathrift » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:20 am

I can't see what all the fuss is about. When it snows I stoke the petchka up and hibernate. A life I was born to I have discovered! :)

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
fredatinsch
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby fredatinsch » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:47 am

still sick of the snow, looks like I will be for at least another week. But its back to sausagemaking today to take my mind off it. I love to moad about the weather...... :lol:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
houseman
Super User!
Super User!

Postby houseman » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:31 am

Hibernian, hibernate... too much of a coincidence???

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
leedarkwood
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby leedarkwood » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:32 pm

Beautiful bright sunny day without a scrap of snow in sight here. Going out for a long walk.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:57 pm

leedarkwood wrote:Beautiful bright sunny day without a scrap of snow in sight here. Going out for a long walk.

Have to agree that days like this one today are simply marvellous with a blue sky, snow drifts up to the thighs (depending on height of course), but still, need to wrap up warm, keep the head well insulated as that minus 11 deg C chill factor will sap your energy quite quickly if you stay exposed to the North Westerly winds. Might be completely different in your usually ideal micro-climate, but that is how it is up in my area of Bulgaria today.

Even managed to get some sunbathing in on a lounger on the lee side of the caravan whilst watching the snow swirling about around me, my first birds (that I have seen) pecking at my grease-ball feeder and Mr. Woody Woodpecker doing his thing in the Walnut tree. Idyllic and why I love the peace and quiet of this country. :wink:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
haddockman

Postby haddockman » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:41 pm

We still has 18 inches in the garden here. Thankfully the locals keep the local roads passable or else we would all be stranded here.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
walkage
Super User!
Super User!

Postby walkage » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:37 pm

MW bl**dy hell this is bad news... I agree with you.. :?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Cesmeresident

Not sick of the snow

Postby Cesmeresident » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:05 pm

I have nearly been here a month and got my first snow two days ago but only a light covering and today was so bright and sunny its all melting, although this morning the wind was a bit cutting but nowhere near what MW gets - just aswell seeing as I am a soft southerner.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:05 am

Another light flurry of snow in my part of Bulgaria (around 2 cms) during the night and temperatures hovering around freezing point.

Had my first towing out job this morning when an ordinary 2x2 got itself bogged down on the mud track trying to get to one of the fishing lakes to take the guard back. Really appreciate those Mud Tyres I bought, goes through it like a small tractor whereas last year, I'd have been sliding about in low ratio and diff lock.

Must check the weather forecast.

Return to “General Discussion”