Provadiya-ites, beware of wood deliveries

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
houseman
Super User!
Super User!

Postby houseman » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:49 pm

Talking about the size of the logs, it seems to me that the bigger they are, the more spaces there will be in the cubic metre.

For example, if you fill a bucket with housebricks, you have a bucket of bricks OK. But you could still pour a large quantity of chippings in, the volume doesn't change but the weight goes up. Then you can pour quite a bit of sand in. So your "full" bucket of bricks now also miraculously contains half a bucket of chippings and half a bucket of sand! 8O

OK I realise a lot depends on how they are arranged!

So Vicky, I reckon you get more actual wood by having smaller logs; of course they may well charge extra for them, but that is another matter. :lol:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
F1BoyS

Postby F1BoyS » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:35 pm

Where did the bricks go? Magically disappearing bricks can I have some please?

Half a bucket of sand plus half a bucket of shavings = 1 bucket

Maybe went the same way as the logs methinks, sorry Slaps to read about the saga.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
VickyC
Super User!
Super User!

Postby VickyC » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:10 pm

Well Neil,

That line of thinking was just how Malky thought....the smaller logs in the lorry already chopped you would get more, as less gaps. Funnily enough its the same price at 60 lev cubic metre for both just an additional small delivery charge on chopped (10 lev) as we are only a few km out of Provadia.

By the time you pay someone to chainsaw and chop it is dearer for metre logs in comparison.

Vicky

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
B52
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby B52 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:50 pm

Houseman said….
Talking about the size of the logs, it seems to me that the bigger they are, the more spaces there will be in the cubic metre.

Well, a lot depends on the logs but, if you put a round log of, say, 3 units diameter into a square(d) truck, the end surface area is 1.5*1.5*pi = approx 7.06 sq units. If you put three rows of three logs of each 1 unit diameter in the same square the surface area is 0.5*0.5*pi*9 = approx. 7.06 sq units (there is probably some mathematical law that states that they’re the same).

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
transport-4-u

Postby transport-4-u » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:11 pm

Well, a lot depends on the logs but, if you put a round log of, say, 3 units diameter into a square(d) truck, the end surface area is 1.5*1.5*pi = approx 7.06 sq units. If you put three rows of three logs of each 1 unit diameter in the same square the surface area is 0.5*0.5*pi*9 = approx. 7.06 sq units (there is probably some mathematical law that states that they’re the same).[/quote]

try explaining that to a bulgarian wood chopper lmao
i doubt any of them even went to school!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Slaphead
Pig Headed

Postby Slaphead » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:33 am

Thanks for the replies guys n gals.
In this particular instance no maths or buckets were needed as the bloke undid himself by boasting in the village square to a friend of ours.
I'd suggest, if Vicky and Malkies delivery stacks up so to speak, the Brits switch custom to Rumen's yard. Hit the bandit where it hurts most, in his pocket.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Seedy
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Seedy » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:07 am

Our local yard charges 65 a cube, cut & split, but it's measured into a 1-cube box at the time it's cut then delivered netted & on individual pallets. Several guys cut & split in advance, so there's always plenty ready; you can go & select which pallets you want, if the mood takes you :wink:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
chappers
Super User!
Super User!

Postby chappers » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:19 am

Slaphead,

Its hard with logs as sometimes on those pallets you cant see the wood for the trees.
I have had issues with a wood supplier before, and when I complained I realised I was bark..ing up the wrong tree.

Dont worry, you are all the wiser now and shouldnt have an axe to grind.

We all know who is the prize chopper round your way so people take note.

:smt081

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Joss
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Joss » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:44 pm

varnagirl wrote:thanks for the warning slaps...hopefully he will loose some business now...at least from the brits
joss, which resturant was that ???

Hi Varna girl

I don't know the name but it's the first restaurant on the right after you pass the Rakitnika sign (not the little shop which also has tables outside - I don't want to malign them, I'm sure they are as honest as the day is long :) )

Joss

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
varnagirl
Super User!
Super User!

Postby varnagirl » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:20 pm

thanks joss..... 8)

Return to “General Discussion”