Provadiya-ites, beware of wood deliveries

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
VickyC
Super User!
Super User!

Postby VickyC » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:51 am

Answer to Slaps....our wood stacked up to be 5 cubic metres and I am getting another delivery of 5 today. You can ask for it to be cut how you want, small, medium or large.

Did you measure your lot yet? The yard I use can only take 5 cubics in the lorry at a time.

Vicky

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
scanniaman
Penny Pincher

Postby scanniaman » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:37 am

Thanks guys for the interesting topic. I just had to 'Log-in' so I can follow it in future... :lol:
scanniaman.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Rose

Postby Rose » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:56 pm

Hi, is he the one right in the far corner, with another wood yard next to him?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:38 pm

Dealing withWoodSellers is like dealing with Second-hand Carsalesamen. Assume they are crooks until they show you they are not.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
brianj42
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby brianj42 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:11 pm

Don't think this is just a BG problem. I ordered 6 cube in France and when it arrived it was obviously not 6, if in fact 3. By chance, I had a pile of gabion baskets which are 1 cubic metre each. I asked the driver to throw them in the baskets explaining each one held exactly a cubic metre.

At that point he managed to actually put 3 + 3 together, got back in his cab, gesticulated that he wasn't happy, called me Roast Beef (which is not good apparently) and b**ger off with his wood.

branleur :lol:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
B52
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby B52 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:41 pm

We've had five deliveries from five different suppliers. The only one that we are certain was value for money was the penultimate one. We would have used him this last time but we don't have his name and/or number any longer. He had advertised in our village. He was a young guy and he came with his wife, from Dobrina. Vague I know but if anyone in the area can figure out who I am talking about, let me know.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Slaphead
Pig Headed

Postby Slaphead » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:53 am

We ended up buying 20 cube from a village local.
Apparently, there are chaps who work for the forestry managers. They receive no money as wages but are allowed to take as much wood as they wish. The wood they remove is 'waste' wood as far as the managers are concerned and consists mainly of older, dead wood and it's all hardwood, mainly oak. It's perfect for burning as it's dry and seasoned.
At 40 lev/cube, delivered, we weren't letting that chance pass.
It's entirely possible that most villages have people working under the same rules, i.e. no pay but lots of wood.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
BG9374

Postby BG9374 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:56 pm

It's entirely possible that most villages have people working under the same rules, i.e. no pay but lots of wood.

Far aware its illegal work for no pay. Bulgaria has a national minimum wage. Last document I seen was for 2009, think its was £50 a month?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
brianj42
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby brianj42 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:33 pm

BG9374 wrote:

Far aware its illegal work for no pay. Bulgaria has a national minimum wage. Last document I seen was for 2009, think its was £50 a month?

No necessarily, lots do it in the Uk, its called commission only.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
SooToo

Postby SooToo » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:03 pm

BG9374 wrote:

Not sure what you're saying but if they're not being paid then it's not really work is it? It's clearing up the forest in exchange for offcuts of wood. It may well be borderline legal for them to sell it on, dunno.

Besides which I doubt the minimum wage in Bulgaria is 50 pounds a month

Return to “General Discussion”