living alone

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
johnandsan

living alone

Postby johnandsan » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:12 pm

hi every one. i am thinking of retiring next year i am thinking of living in our bulgarian house for the summer months. would you think it is safe to do this living on your own? knowing our house has been broken into twice although we wasent there at the time. honest apinian? we live in a village

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
carriemc
<b>Rental Agent</b>

Postby carriemc » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:21 pm

I know a few people, both men & women who live on their own in villages without any problems.
Personally I feel as safe, if not safer, in Bulgaria than the UK.
Is there no-one else living locally to you that you could ask for their opinion?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
johnandsan

living alone

Postby johnandsan » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:39 pm

hi, there is one english couple who lives at the bottom of the lane but every one is bulgarian there is also a couple of bulgarian ladies who live alone

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
rodz
Super User!
Super User!

living alone

Postby rodz » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:51 pm

I have lived alone in this village (Altimir) alone for 4 years and no problems. Many times Iv left my door unlocked and my gate is always open. My garden tools are always out and nothing has ever been touched. I have good nieboughs who are always bringing soup and veggies to the house. 4 years and I still cant speak the language but that doesnt stop them chattering away to me. Its a great village with so many friendly and helpful people. When I have had a problem with the car or house people always come and help and want nothing in return, they say Im part of the village and wont except payment

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
jadamwilliams
<b>Transport Services/Translations</b>

Postby jadamwilliams » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:52 pm

I think it probably would be one of the safest places in Europe - learn the language get to know your neighbours and you will love it - neighbourliness is very important in Bulgarian village communities - everyone helps each other out and keeps an eye on each other - I havent locked my doors for months - there is a Bulgarian saying - "when you look to buy a house - look at the neighbours not the house - you can change the house but not the neighbours"

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
booboo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby booboo » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:08 pm

Of course there is a chance that because you'll be living alone you will/may become more of a target for robbery. You certainly could get broken into (it seems your house has been a target in the past) where you will be beaten heavily (even mamed), possibly sexually humiliated and have your money and cards stolen,

Sleep with one eye open

Equally it might not happen though

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/tayside/119 ... ng-attack/

:!: :!: :)
Last edited by booboo on Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
BG9374

Postby BG9374 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:41 pm

Never thought of armed security. And Ebay? Buying a house in another European country and then living there without language skills or back up from anyone is asking for a visit from the local "we think you have money" brigade.

Although not living in BG yet, one of first tasks while visiting was to find a gun club. Aim and fire, no fear.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
rodz
Super User!
Super User!

living alone

Postby rodz » Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:16 pm

BG9374 if you have to move somewhere, and have to own a gun to protect your self, then why move there? thats not living. So move to Iraq, Afgan or the Sudan

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
frans

Re: living alone

Postby frans » Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:47 pm

i have a house in dalgopol last week tel from neabare break in 2 doors and steel al the building machienes nobody here are see somthing?????

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
booboo
Super User!
Super User!

Re: living alone

Postby booboo » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:13 pm

frans wrote:i have a house in dalgopol last week tel from neabare break in 2 doors and steel al the building machienes nobody here are see somthing?????

I assume you are french? Sorry about your news, but it is a fair point you raised I think assuming I comprendez :P :P :P

Return to “General Discussion”