Why are people LEAVING Bulgaria?

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
spantrout
Super User!
Super User!

Postby spantrout » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:48 pm

no-one said qwerty could count!!!!!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Hippyboy
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Hippyboy » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:28 pm

You can live quite well on 4k , I mean with internet , satellite TV , decent food and wine and nights out on the town . Without eating out at restaurants every night , I'm not quite sure how I'd get through 10k , but then I don't run a car , which I suppose must cost a bit . There's a Brit couple who've been living in my village for the last 6 years , who are currently in the process of returning to the UK . They don't want to leave , and have nothing to go back to , with little chance of employment considering their age . Its fair to say that they probably made some bad decisions along the way , and towards the end were ekeing out an existence on very little , but at the end of the day , if you don't have any income , whatever savings you have will run out sooner or later . Tim .

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
qwerty
Super User!
Super User!

Postby qwerty » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:29 pm

Sometimes in posts on forums one cant write specifically, or generally, or both. I will try to explain my point again in a simpler way....

A person can live here quite easily on 4 thousand Pounds per year.

A person can live a lavish lifestyle here, like a king, on 10 thousand per year.

I, myself can live here on 200 pounds a month (Not counting renovation costs.) 200 x 12 = 2400 pounds per year.

I know Brits here who live on less than 200 a month quite happily!!

I hope this explanation helps those of you who were confused :smt023

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
BG9374

Postby BG9374 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:43 pm

OldHolborn wrote:Interesting thread.

I'm moving to Bulgaria to realise something I cannot realise in the UK. A high level of autonomy. Certainly I could buy a ramshackle cottage in deepest Wales or the West coast of Scotland at 20 times the price of something similar in BG, but 340 days a year of rain and the clouds 10 feet above my head doesn't really appeal.

Lack of rain and clouds, known also as a climate, biggest seller for me.

But serious for those whom bought at the height of the property market, maybe thats what erodes their spirit and trying to live on a few lions a day is a final broken straw.

100 metre's of garden big enough for chooks? If could avoid paying for feed. That too tight.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Oscar
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Oscar » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:59 am

Comment from Paula, Bulgaria, 24/10/2011 7:16:
Return to the UK ??? ''yer avin a laugh !!! here in our village in Bulgaria, crime rate is VERY ! low , lovely helpful people, '' no lager louts here . Can you tell me, where in the UK, you can buy a Litre of lager for 66 pence , and a packet of cigs for 1 pound 90 pence, They say every dog has it,s day, and I,m afraid England,s had it,s day, all because 650 odd politicians have ruined the lives or 60 million !! . they used to say the Sun never sets on the British Empire , '' WELL,IT,S CERTAINLY SET KNOW, HAS,NT IT !!!!!!!!

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z1bgDUOAqq

Paula won't be going back by the sound of it.
Last edited by Oscar on Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
B52
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby B52 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:19 am

Not only did I have to endure an article in the Daily Mail (well, the photos of the flash flood in Spain were interesting though) but the comment didn't appear in the article nor in the Newest/Oldest/Best Rated/Worst Rated comments. Or were they your own ideas Oscar?

Sorry, I must have missed the "View All" button :oops:
Last edited by B52 on Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Oscar
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Oscar » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:42 am

B52 wrote:Not only did I have to endure an article in the Daily Mail (well, the photos of the flash flood in Spain were interesting though) but the comment didn't appear in the article nor in the Newest/Oldest/Best Rated/Worst Rated comments. Or were they your own ideas Oscar?

Paula said it,at 7.16....she gets up early,morning Paula.
Last edited by Oscar on Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Mat
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Mat » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:16 am

I recently applied for a relatively senior job with the UK government back in London. The salary was 50K a year, which would have left me with something like 33K a year after taxes etc. My rent would be the best part of 15K and tube pass 3K, leaving me a little over 1500 pounds a month for everything else. I simply couldn't save money unless I was prepared to doss down in a share house and even then, not much. Moving back to the UK is just not an economically viable prospect. I simply cannot afford to!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
MOD
<b>Be Generous & Give MOD a Home</b>

Postby MOD » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:59 am

B52 wrote:Not only did I have to endure an article in the Daily Mail (well, the photos of the flash flood in Spain were interesting though) but the comment didn't appear in the article nor in the Newest/Oldest/Best Rated/Worst Rated comments. Or were they your own ideas Oscar?

B52, if you click the 'View all' button under the comment options you will find Paula's comment there!

Mod :wink:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
shebry
Super User!
Super User!

Postby shebry » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:05 am

Oscar wrote:Comment from Paula, Bulgaria, 24/10/2011 7:16:
Return to the UK ??? ''yer avin a laugh !!! here in our village in Bulgaria, crime rate is VERY ! low , lovely helpful people, '' no lager louts here . Can you tell me, where in the UK, you can buy a Litre of lager for 66 pence , and a packet of cigs for 1 pound 90 pence, They say every dog has it,s day, and I,m afraid England,s had it,s day, all because 650 odd politicians have ruined the lives or 60 million !! . they used to say the Sun never sets on the British Empire , '' WELL,IT,S CERTAINLY SET KNOW, HAS,NT IT !!!!!!!!

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z1bgDUOAqq

Paula won't be going back by the sound of it.

The top ten expat destinations are Australia, Spain, U.S., Canada, France, New Zealand, South Africa, Germany, the United Arab Emirates and Hong Kong.

I don't see Bulgaria amongst the list above I wonder why ??

Return to “General Discussion”