Why are people LEAVING Bulgaria?

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
OldHolborn

Postby OldHolborn » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:17 am

It might interest you to know that in the UK, the lowest paid workers are now paying around 73% tax. In effect, they are Government slaves. If that is freedom, you can stick it.

One of the reasons I am moving to Bulgaria is to escape the ever more desperate clutches of the bloated state over my earnings

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/finance/ia ... are-costs/

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Oscar
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Oscar » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:20 am

shebry wrote:
Oscar wrote:Comment from Paula, Bulgaria, 24/10/2011 7:16:
Return to the UK ??? ''yer avin a laugh !!! here in our village in Bulgaria, crime rate is VERY ! low , lovely helpful people, '' no lager louts here . Can you tell me, where in the UK, you can buy a Litre of lager for 66 pence , and a packet of cigs for 1 pound 90 pence, They say every dog has it,s day, and I,m afraid England,s had it,s day, all because 650 odd politicians have ruined the lives or 60 million !! . they used to say the Sun never sets on the British Empire , '' WELL,IT,S CERTAINLY SET KNOW, HAS,NT IT !!!!!!!!

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z1bgDUOAqq

Paula won't be going back by the sound of it.

The top ten expat destinations are Australia, Spain, U.S., Canada, France, New Zealand, South Africa, Germany, the United Arab Emirates and Hong Kong.

I don't see Bulgaria amongst the list above I wonder why ??

Most people have no imagination,just follow the herd.Well done expats in Bulgaria,you didn't follow the main herd,you decided on something different,now you are reaping your rewards,especially Paula. :D

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
MOD
<b>Be Generous & Give MOD a Home</b>

Postby MOD » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:21 am

So... the topic title is:

Why are people leaving Bulgaria?

8O :wink:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
chappers
Super User!
Super User!

Postby chappers » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:40 pm

OldHolborn wrote:
One of the reasons I am moving to Bulgaria is to escape the ever more desperate clutches of the bloated state over my earnings

It is the state that has provided the opportunity of these very earnings.

Before you started work you should have gone to Bulgaria to fully escape these desperate clutches all your working life. :wink:

So why are people leaving BG? Simples... because there are better places to live for some people. The UK is one of those places.
Last edited by chappers on Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
MOD
<b>Be Generous & Give MOD a Home</b>

Postby MOD » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:06 pm

Perhaps we didn't make it clear enough...

The title of this topic is:

So that's not leaving UK or staying in BG or UK, but leaving BG as in getting out, departing or abandoning the Republic of Bulgaria! And 'people' as in foreigners, expats, Brits and/or other alien nationalities, investors, home makers from abroad etc...

8O :roll:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Oscar
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Oscar » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:08 pm

MOD wrote:

Just like user groups like to advise people on how to switch their utilities to get a better deal,so it's the same with countries,except it's down to the individual to find out the information and make the choices,there's no consumer group to help.
The Bulgarians leaving Bulgaria deserve credit for having the will and wit to leave Bulgaria for wherever they think they can get a better life,the fact that they will most likely end up in the same **** that we in Bulgaria have wanted to escape from is another matter,it's up to them.
As governments,companies etc continue to attempt to squeeze the last drops of anything resembling a half decent life for ordinary people,individuals will have to show increasing ingenuity to get this for themselves,therefore,probably,bigger flows of people going in all directions throughout the world as they realise that downsizing by country is an option/necessity....Bulgarians are trying to upsize ,that's why they are leaving.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
shebry
Super User!
Super User!

Why are people leaving Bulgaria

Postby shebry » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:54 pm

Oscar
You are obviously a very happy bunny in your adopted country, and good for you
In your latest post on this topic you refer to:- quote, ....Bulgarians are trying to upsize ,that's why they are leaving..... but you have not mentioned the fact that there is a large exodus of ex-pats leaving and that is not necessarily back to your dreaded UK. Take Sokolovo (was known as little Britain), now practically deserted of ex-pats. I don't know where they have gone, but they have left Bulgaria

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
spantrout
Super User!
Super User!

Postby spantrout » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:26 pm

Shebry, take off your dark glasses and read the thread my friend, probably about 12 pages out of the 14 are on this very topic.

If only you had looked!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:28 pm

shebry wrote:
Oscar wrote:Comment from Paula, Bulgaria, 24/10/2011 7:16:
Return to the UK ??? ''yer avin a laugh !!! here in our village in Bulgaria, crime rate is VERY ! low , lovely helpful people, '' no lager louts here . Can you tell me, where in the UK, you can buy a Litre of lager for 66 pence , and a packet of cigs for 1 pound 90 pence, They say every dog has it,s day, and I,m afraid England,s had it,s day, all because 650 odd politicians have ruined the lives or 60 million !! . they used to say the Sun never sets on the British Empire , '' WELL,IT,S CERTAINLY SET KNOW, HAS,NT IT !!!!!!!!

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z1bgDUOAqq

Paula won't be going back by the sound of it.

The top ten expat destinations are Australia, Spain, U.S., Canada, France, New Zealand, South Africa, Germany, the United Arab Emirates and Hong Kong.

I don't see Bulgaria amongst the list above I wonder why ??

I don't wonder why as some of those countries share the English language and the others lucrative jobs in construction, nursing and finance to mention a few whereas Bulgaria does NOT.

Let us be HONEST here, Bulgaria is the Poor Man's holiday and retirement home. Your well of Brits went to Spain, Portugal and France to retire, but the poor ones amongst us came here in my humble opinion where their Pound and Euro could go further.

However, that is not meant to be a sweeping statement as some 'foreigners' did not come here just because it is cheap to buy land and property although, in my case, besides being another Slavic country and easier for me after Russia, some folk I know have two overseas homes, one here and one in other parts of Europe or the world.

I wonder if YOUR attitude towards Bulgaria might be kinder if you had not had such a bad experience losing your property and then getting it back again. I find it quite frustrating to read so many supposedly bad things about this wonderful country. If it don't float your boat, pack-up and shut up as many others have done.

No malice intended, just my view and opinion on things. :wink:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:44 pm

banjo wrote:This is good advice, if you are young with a skill to offer go outside the EU ie Australia,New Zealand. If you are an old fart with a few bob and maybe a pension then buy a house in Bulgaria for a couple of grand spend your last few years doing it up to escape the rat race then sit back and watch your chickens and veg grow while your getting old.

But do not pine for tescos.
A pint of British ale.
Good old chippy.
English Girls.
High council tax.

Just keep digging on your plot in BG to escape the rat race. 8) 8) 8)

Who are you calling an OLD FART!! I'd probably give you a good run for your money with a full pack on my back up any mountain. :P

As once said in a famous American war film, 'I'm awaiting a mission, all the time I sit here, Charlie is out there getting stronger'!

I personally feel that out here, I am ALIVE, no credit, no mortgage, no debt and being active most days of the week unless I decide to stick my Old Fart ass down and do nothing.

Everyday, my brain is active is challenged as how to do things, how to make and mend how to use and reuse materials and I find it so healthy.

When I was young, I wanted very much to leave home and is why I first worked away from home and when I realised that wasn't far enough, joined the Army. It is natural for 'younger' folk to uproot seek other shores, find better work, better challenges, but few of us live the nomadic life forever.

I am of the opinion that we Old Farts should grow some food, keep our limbs moving before they seize up, but the biggest killer of all is STRESS if you can get rid of that, you can smoke your 40 per day and guzzle your Rakia.

Whilst we are doing this, you youngsters can continue to repeat all of the mistakes we and our forefathers made until it is your time for gardening leave. What has this to do with 'Why Folk Are Leaving Bulgaria' you might ask, well, it is my understanding of why so many young Bulgarians are leaving, but nobody said it was forever. Poles left home in droves 10 or more years ago, but I am of the impression, rightly or wrongly, that more of them are returning now to their homeland to be replaced by WHO - Bulgarians and Romanians at a guess.

:wink:

Return to “General Discussion”